Channel Account Manager - NZ
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
This position is responsible for increasing revenue in region/territory/district of New Zealand through identifying, recruiting and developing opportunity generating partnerships with partners, defined as: Value Added Resellers (VARs). In addition, this position is focused on driving the partners to operate as an extension of F5's direct sales team through effective sales and technical training, demand generation marketing efforts and mutual business planning.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Sales Training – Ensure that partner is able to effectively position and sell F5 solutions. Work with the F5 sales team to drive partner sales training opportunities; ensuring partners have the tools to identify opportunities, sell F5 solutions, and fully understand F5's UNITY Partner program.
- Pipeline Growth and Management – Identify, in conjunction with partners, new sales opportunities. Ensure partners, F5 sales reps and management are working together in the sales process, lead generation, registering opportunities, accurately forecast bookings and tracking to required bookings goals established by the partner's UNITY Partner tier.
- Relationship Management – Develop strong top to bottom relationships throughout the partner organization (Management, sales teams, technical teams and marketing) ensuring partner compliance with the F5's UNITY Partner Program and fostering a well-developed relationship between F5/partner sales and technical teams.
- Excel at Conflict Management - Excellent conflict management skills, with ability to be fair and firm with F5 team and partners. Examples are: Deal registration, support contracts, and partner tier requirements.
- Marketing & Demand Generation – Leverage F5 marketing funds to drive demand generation activities that generate the highest possible ROI. Manage channel marketing funds to ensure event and partner success.
- Account Mapping – Drive regular cadence of account mapping sessions with partners and the F5 sales team focused on driving net-new accounts and new opportunities in existing accounts.
- Business Planning – Work with partners to develop and execute a strategic business plan focused on driving new accounts, new opportunities, sales and technical competency and incremental bookings growth. Collaborate with Strategic Partner Managers to develop and execute business plans for our national strategic partners in territory where appropriate. The partner business plans are the basis for QBRs and need to be updated quarterly.
- Special Projects & Reporting - Work on strategic initiatives as established by channel management and reporting business issues/opportunities as requested by channel and/or executive management.
- Build relationships with strategic eco-system business partners in the field (examples: VMware, Microsoft, Oracle, Cisco).
- Recruit and develop new partner relationship to drive whitespace penetration, access to new vertical and technology markets.
- Create and execute awareness and training programs for the F5 sales force to highlight partners, educate on the UNITY Partner program, and actively participate in district QBRs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Achieve quarterly business metrics for channels. These include: PIO (Partner Initiated Opportunities), security and software attach rates, net-new accounts, competitive take-out, and other partner value-add metrics.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly efficient & organized / excellent time management skills.
- Highly developed, clear concise and compelling communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to articulate complex technology simply
- Well-developed business acumen and understanding of business strategy
- Excellent conflict management skills, with the ability to be fair & firm.
- Experience in two-tiered channel resale models
- Background in software/hardware sales and distribution with networking and security companies
- Proven track record of success in channel sales and marketing
- Strong knowledge of Application Delivery Networks and security
- In-depth knowledge of partner organizations, processes, business drivers and internal operations
- Knowledge of enterprise networks, security and applications (desired)
- Detailed experience with Microsoft applications such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- BA in Marketing or Business
- 5+ years' experience in technology sales in a channel environment
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties will require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require out of town travel up to 60% of the time.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top