Channel Account Manager (Midwest)
- Springfield, MO
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Desired Location: Kansas City, MO
As a Channel Account Manager, you will be responsible for growing revenue in region/territory/district through identifying, recruiting and developing opportunity generating partnerships with Partners (Value Added Resellers (VARs), Large Account Resellers (LARs), system builders and distributors). You will work with our VAR partners to ensure that they are operating as an extension of F5's direct sales team through sales and technical training, demand generation marketing efforts and mutual business planning.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Recruit and develop new F5 partner relationship(s) to drive whitespace penetration, access to new vertical and technology markets.
- Sales Training - Ensure that our partners are able to effectively position and sell F5 solutions. Work with the F5 channel and sales team to drive partner sales training opportunities; ensuring partners have the tools to find opportunities, sell F5 solutions, and fully understand F5's UNITY Partner program.
- Pipeline Growth and Management - Identify, in conjunction with F5 partners, new sales opportunities. Ensure our partners, F5 sales reps and management are working together in the sales process, lead generation, registering opportunities, accurately forecast bookings and tracking to required bookings goals established by the partner's UNITY Partner tier.
- Relationship Management - Develop strong top to bottom relationships throughout the F5 partner organization (Management, sales teams, technical teams and marketing) ensuring partner compliance with the F5's UNITY Partner Program and developing a well-developed relationship between F5/partner sales and technical teams.
- Marketing & Demand Generation - Leverage F5 marketing funds to drive demand generation activities that generate the highest possible return on investment. Manage channel marketing funds to ensure event and partner success.
- Account Mapping - Drive regular cadence of account mapping sessions with partners and the F5 sales team responsible for driving net-new accounts and new opportunities in existing accounts.
- Business Planning - Work with partners to develop and execute a strategic business plan focused on driving new accounts, new opportunities, sales and technical proficiency and incremental bookings' growth. Collaborate with Strategic Partner Managers to develop and execute business plans for our national strategic partners in territory where appropriate. The partner business plans are the basis for QBRs and need to be updated quarterly.
- Special Projects & Reporting - Work on strategic initiatives as established by channel management and reporting business issues/opportunities as requested by channel and/or executive management.
- Influence/channel leadership -Trusted advisor status with District Manager; Channel leadership - ability to lead, positively influence and shape behavior of partners and TAMs/MAMs (and broader channel team); Excellent Brand at F5.
- Work with F5 internal resources - Influence and acquire sponsorship from internal F5 groups to support programs at partners to drive incremental business opportunities for F5 and the partner.
- Effectively engage with F5's eco-system business partners to plan activities that will drive F5 awareness and opportunities with our partners.
- The position requires outstanding executive presence and ability to work across multiple executive roles to direct/educate/ communicate our business plan priorities and progress.
- Duties may require out of town travel up to 60% of the time.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive and are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly efficient & organized / excellent time management skills.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to articulate complex technology simply
- Excellent conflict management skills, with the ability to be fair & firm.
- Knowledge of enterprise networks, security and applications (desired)
- Detailed experience with Microsoft applications such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Experience in two-tiered channel resale models
- Background in software/hardware sales and distribution - with large Software, Hardware, Security and/or Networking Companies
- Strong knowledge of Application Delivery Networks and security
- In-depth knowledge of partner organizations, processes, business drivers and internal operations
- BA or Master's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
- 5+ years related experience in technology sales
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top