Channel Account Manager- Cloud
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
This position is responsible for increasing revenue in region/territory/district through recruiting and developing opportunity generating partnerships with partners, defined as: Cloud Enablement Partners (CEP). This position is focused on driving this new breed of partners to operate as an extension of F5's direct sales team through effective sales and technical training, demand generation marketing efforts and mutual business planning.
- Recruitment – Identify and recruit new partners who have primary focus on Cloud Enablement, Cloud Solutions and Managed Services to the F5 partner ecosystem. Leverage these new partner relationships to drive whitespace penetration, access to new verticals, use cases and technology markets.
- Cloud Partner Management – Incubate and grow key CEP relationships, with focus on the following:
- Sales Training – Ensure that new and existing cloud partners can effectively position and sell F5 solutions. Work with the F5 channel and sales team(s) to drive partner sales training opportunities; ensuring partners have the tools to identify opportunities, sell F5 solutions, and fully understand F5's UNITY Partner program.
- Pipeline Growth and Management – Identify, in conjunction with partners, new sales opportunities. Ensure partners, F5 sales reps and management are working together in the sales process, lead generation, registering opportunities, accurately forecast bookings and tracking to required bookings goals established by the partner's UNITY Partner tier.
- Metrics – Achieve quarterly business metrics for channels. These include: PIO (Partner Initiated Opportunities), security and software attach rates, net-new accounts, competitive take-out, and other partner value-add metrics.
- Relationship Management – Develop strong top to bottom relationships throughout the partner organization (Management, sales teams, technical teams and marketing) ensuring partner compliance with the F5's UNITY Partner Program and fostering a well-developed relationship between F5 sales and technical teams and partner sales and technical teams.
- Marketing & Demand Generation – Leverage F5 marketing funds to drive demand generation activities that help position F5 in Cloud based opportunities and generate the highest possible ROI. Manage channel marketing funds to ensure event and partner success.
- Account Mapping – Work in conjunction with regional and national channel resources to regular cadence of account mapping sessions with partners and the F5 sales team focused on driving net-new accounts and new opportunities in existing accounts.
- Business Planning – Work with partners to develop and execute a strategic business plan focused on driving new accounts, new opportunities, sales and technical competency and incremental bookings growth.
- Program Development – Work in conjunction with Channel Marketing and Channel Programs to identify and develop programs and incentives which serve the Cloud Enablement partner community. Incubate programs with key partners and recommend broader roll-out within the channel where appropriate.
- Key Stakeholder – Act as strategic member of the virtual Cloud organization alongside VP NA Channels and Sr. Dir NA Channels to represent the channel voice in key decisions like product development, licensing and economic models.
- Build relationships with strategic cloud eco-system business partners in the field (examples: Amazon, Microsoft, Oracle, Equinix)
- Special Projects & Reporting - Work on strategic initiatives as established by channel management and reporting business issues/opportunities as requested by channel and/or executive management.
Metrics / Comp Structure:
FY17 – 2H:
Focus first 6 months on recruit, enablement and pipeline building. During this key time, we will:
- Identify pipeline of 50+ CEP partners to F5
- Analyze existing sales data, leverage CSP Sales Team and channel resources to target key group of 15 partners for "Focus Cloud Program"
- Recruit and onboard 5+ net new CEP partners
- Advance ~10 existing partners who have specialization in Cloud Enablement
- Work with the regional CAM's, ICAM's and distributors to accelerate the leverage this ecosystem shape the "talk track", programs and materials required to establish F5 in this evolving ecosystem.
- Develop messaging deck for CEP/MSP partners
- Assist regional CAM's in messaging to existing and emerging partners
Variable Comp can be linked to MBO/KSO, Draw (might be best option) or Americas #. To give CAM time to ramp, and additional cloud licensing/compensation models within F5 to launch and mature.
Today Cloud #'s within Tableau are equal to VE and do not represent the complete picture as to how Cloud bookings could be achieved, theoretically, through programs with Amazon Marketplace (Referral program) or Ingram's IaaS partners could participate in utility models. Chad is working with Amie Bright on new dashboards and has offered to share with us as they launch.
FY18 Metrics & Comp:
In FY18, Cloud CAM can be measured and compensated on one (or a combination) of the following:
- Cloud Bookings from a set of designated CEP partners
- All Bookings from a set of designated CEP partners
- Cloud Bookings in the Americas Region
Providing the ramp time in 2H 17 allows for the building of this ecosystem and the maturing of the F5 models to allow for easier measurement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top