Channel Account Manager
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
This position is responsible for increasing revenue in region/territory/district through identifying, recruiting and developing opportunity generating partnerships with Partners (Value Added Resellers (VARs), Large Account Resellers (LARs), system builders and distributors). Ensure that VAR partners are operating as an extension of F5's direct sales team through effective sales and technical training, demand generation marketing efforts and mutual business planning.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Sales Training – partner with the F5 sales team to coordinate sales training opportunities; ensuring partners have the tools to selling F5 solutions and understanding business transaction (including deal registration and other processes)
- Pipeline Management – Ensure Partners (VAR's, LAR's, System Builders and Distributors) and field sales reps and management are working together in the sales process, lead generation, registering opportunities, accurately forecasting revenue and tracking to required revenue goals established by their discount tier.
- Relationship Management – developing strong top to bottom relationships throughout the partner organization, ensuring partner compliance with the F5 Advantage Partner Program and fostering working relationship between the F5 sales and technical teams and the partner sales and technical teams
- Resolve business problems associated with partners relationships; including but not limited to deal registration, service renewals and credit issues
- Marketing/Demand Generation – Identifies, in conjunction with Partners (VAR's, LAR's, System Builders and Distributors), new sales opportunities leveraging F5 marketing funds when necessary. Manage channel marketing funds to ensure event and partner success
- Business Planning – Develop top partner and territory activities using business and territory planning templates. Ensuring that partner is able to effectively position F5 as best solution to customer such as, common sales objectives, training initiatives, marketing activities, evaluation gear strategy, certification opportunities and developing accurate profiles of the partners business
- Foster sales engagements between Strategic Partner salesforce and F5 salesforce
- Special Projects/Reporting - working on strategic initiatives as established by channel management and reporting business issues/opportunities as requested by channel and/or executive management
- Manage distribution relationships in the field
- Leverage all F5's resources to maximize opportunities with Strategic Partner
- Utilize relationships with strategic Business Development partners in the field
- Identifies new sales opportunities with current channel partners
- Develop territory activities with partners
- Manage and execute quarterly marketing budget to support account strategy
- Develop relationships with new channel partners
- Create and execute awareness and training programs for sales force
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- BA in Marketing or Business or relevant work experience
- A number of years experience in technology sales in a channel environment
- Experience in marketing in a technology organization
- Experience in two-tiered and direct channel resale models
- Ability to operate Microsoft applications such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of enterprise networks and applications desired
- Background in software/hardware sales and distribution – with large Software, Hardware, and/or Networking Companies
- Proven track record of success in sales and marketing programs
- Strong knowledge of Application Delivery Networks
- Experience negotiating OEM and Partner contracts
- In-depth knowledge of Strategic Partner organization, processes and internal operations
- Strong and current internal network within Strategic Partner
- Strong presentation skills and ability to articulate complex technology simply
- Ability to travel
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top