Business Intelligence Analyst
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Our department plays a key role in promoting the culture and structure for identification and implementation of performance improvement projects throughout the company. A primary goal of this position is to create and communicate the metrics used to report current performance and to find opportunities for improvements. We are seeking a dynamic, creative Business Intelligence Analyst to define appropriate metrics for monitoring the software development lifecycle and product quality as it applies to product software. That will including crafting Key Performance Indicators, Scorecards, and Dashboards used by our team to support F5 company objectives and goals. You'll also craft methods to effectively report performance metrics so they are visible, accurate, timely, and can be understood by people at all levels of the organization.
Ideally you will have a background in embedded software development and test, progressing to a career creating quality metrics, including multiple software quality metrics and process improvement paradigms.
We use SQL on our team, so having knowledge and skills with the SQL database environment (performance, availability, compliance, architecture) is important. You will also need a background as a SQL DBA providing production support. Along with creating metrics, you will also be able to apply analytical methods to research and investigate product improvement opportunities and develop a variety of options for solutions. This role also offers opportunity for you to apply your skills in statistical methods, such as process capability and control, in reviewing and analyzing data. You will also be provide opportunity to research and stay abreast of leading and upcoming quality practices and initiatives.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years' experience in gathering, analyzing and reporting data.
- Intermediate level knowledge/experience in project management, quality management and improvement methodology and standards such as TQM, Six Sigma and SEI-CMMi.
- Six Sigma Certification from a nationally recognized institution is beneficial.
- Prefer experience with Statistical Process Control, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, 6-Sigma Black Belt.
- Expert with SQL and Tableau.
- Familiarity with appliance and SW based product deliveries, with emphasis on networking and security.
- Experience in creating, implementing and publishing dashboards for performance monitoring and improvements.
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing across all organizational levels.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top