Business Intelligence Analyst
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The department plays a key role in promoting the culture and structure for identification and implementation of performance improvement projects throughout the company. A primary role of this position is to develop and communicate the metrics used to report current performance and to identify opportunities for improvements.
The ideal candidate will have a background in embedded software development and test, progressing to a career in Software quality metrics, with experience in multiple quality metrics and process improvement paradigms.
- Demonstrated accountability for key aspects of an SQL database environment (performance, availability, compliance, architecture).
- Experience as a SQL DBA providing production support
- Define appropriate metrics for monitoring the software development lifecycle and product quality as it applies to product software including designing KPI, Scorecards, and Dashboards
- Assist in the recommendation and establishment of new Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) to support company objectives and goals.
- Develop methods to effectively report performance metrics so they are visible, accurate, timely, and can be understood by people at all levels of the organization.
- Use of analytical methods to research and investigate product improvement opportunities and develop a variety of options for a solution
- Develop metrics that provide data for process measurement, measure performance against process requirements, and align improvements to performance shortfalls.
- Utilize statistical methods, such as process capability and control, in reviewing and analyzing data.
- Create and/or recommend innovative solutions which are aligned with company objectives.
- Provide technical research, assistance and/or training.
- Research and stay abreast of leading and upcoming quality practices and initiatives
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate level experience in data analysis, metric trending and data reporting.
- Intermediate level experience in software quality and process analytics.
- Understanding and application of statistics.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, conceptual skills, task prioritization, follow-up, tenacity, creativity and customer service skills.
- Prefer experience with Statistical Process Control, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, 6-Sigma Black Belt
- Expert with SQL and Tableau.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and stay focused in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Familiarity with appliance and SW based product deliveries, with emphasis on networking and security.
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years' experience in gathering, analyzing and reporting data
- Intermediate level knowledge/experience in project management, quality management and improvement methodology and standards such as TQM, Six Sigma and SEI-CMMi
- Prefer Six Sigma Certification from a nationally recognized institution
- Experience in creating, implementing and publishing dashboards for performance monitoring and improvements.
- Demonstrated ustomer service experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing across all organizational levels
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Systems Engineering Manager
Rubyanne manages a team of systems engineers—the technical half of a Sales Account Team—empowering them with the tools they need to be successful as they provide pre-sales support throughout northern California.
Back to top