Business Development Solutions Architect
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Do you want a job you love: A career that provides you the resources to research new and emerging trends in cloud, containerization, security and networking; a job that affords you the flexibility to take risks in defining and building the next great thing; a position that allows you to use your talent for evangelizing what you and the team created to the world's largest organizations as well as to the tech community? Then the Business Development Solutions Architect role is for you.
Working with Business Development Managers, the Business Development Solutions Architect (BDSA) is responsible for the technical development of our most important technology alliances.
They will assist in the recruitment of new partners and the development of new solutions through technical design, exploration, demos, proof of concepts, and technical presentations.
The BDSA will be able to work in a self-directed manner, without need for detailed oversight. They will set partnership-wide technical strategy and plans, as well as influence the technical direction the BD organization as a whole.
Common Job Family Responsibilities
- Assist BDM's and other technical staff in qualifying prospective partnership opportunities, conducting product demos, and technical presentations remotely or at partner locations/F5 facilities.
- Work directly with alliance partners to develop joint solutions and assist them with their lab installation and configuration of F5 products.
- Produce sales pull-through by effectively positioning F5 Solutions and their benefits to the partners and by supporting partnerships at events and trade shows.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Take a leading role in developing deep and dependable relationships with technical/leadership teams within F5 (BD, PD, PM, Sales, Services) and partner organizations.
- Take a leading role in working directly with our partners to architect and design integrated solutions through technical excellence, creativity and having strong relationships with partner contacts.
- Provide subject matter expertise about our partner related applications and integrated solutions. Regularly deliver guidance to F5 Sales, Product Development, Product Management, Support and Professional Services audiences. Identify customer requirements and industry trends. Feed that information back into the PM and PD Organizations.
- Provide Technical design and guidance to other BD Solution Engineers
- Understand, practice, and foster the company's cultures and behaviors. (We are Owners, We choose speed, We are obsessed with our customers' needs, We zoom out, We stand for diversity and inclusion)
- This position requires travel up to 35% of time to Partner sites, customer sites, other F5 Offices, and tradeshow/conference events.
- Ability to work on-site or remotely and still maintain tight collaboration with team and partners.
- Requires the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- May require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- In depth knowledge of complex application systems and architectures required.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and solve technical problems.
- Strong understanding of virtualization, containerization, and cloud technologies.
- Strong understanding of Automation and Orchestration concepts.
- Basic understanding of CI/CD technologies.
- Strong Linux knowledge is required.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, with ability to articulate complex technology simply.
- Strong writing skills, with an emphasis on technical documentation and blogs.
- Conceptual understanding of security technologies and implementations.
- Ability to extrapolate from previous work experience when researching new solution projects and technologies.
- Understanding of transport L4-7 protocols, with understanding of certain application protocols a plus.
- Conceptual understanding of L2-3 networking technologies and implementations.
- Ability to script or to prototype simple software applications using Node.js is desired.
- Insatiable geek-like drive to learn new technologies
- Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent experience.
- Proven track record of learning new technologies, developing domain expertise on new data center and cloud solutions, and demonstrating a hands-on approach to installing, using, and maintaining new products.
- 15+ years related business and technology experience
- 7+ years' experience supporting technical sales and/or partners-led sales of enterprise applications and infrastructure solutions to corporate accounts
- Experience serving as a mentor to other technical staff and providing team leadership
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top