Business Development Solution Architect
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Do you want a job you love: a career that provides you the resources to research new and emerging trends in cyber security and networking; a job that affords you the flexibility to take risks in defining and building the next great thing; a position that allows you to use your talent for evangelizing what you and the team created to the world's largest organizations as well as to the tech community? Then the Business Development Solution Architect role is for you.
Working with Business Development Managers (BDM), the Business Development Solution Architect is responsible for the technical development of our security-focused technology partnerships.
They will assist in the recruitment, development, and documentation of new solutions within the partnership through product demonstrations, technical presentations, on-site product installation, training, and support and they will collaborate with partners technical contacts as well as field sales organizations on driving incremental revenue opportunities.
Common Job Family Responsibilities
- Assist BDMs and our partner's solution engineers in qualifying prospective partnership opportunities, conducting product demonstrations, and technical presentations remotely or at partner locations/F5 facilities.
- Work directly with technology partner on solution development and assist them with their lab installation and configuration of F5 products. This includes installation, customization, or upgrades of both hardware and software.
- Produce sales pull through partnerships by effectively positioning F5 solutions and their benefits to the partners and by supporting partnerships at events and shows.
- Work with field sales organization on supporting significant and strategic mutual opportunities for incremental revenue impact.
- Responsible for upholding F5's business code of ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the code or other company policies.
- Work with BDM and partner to develop and review joint solution technical documentations.
- Work on tasks as part of an overall solutions development project.
- This position requires travel between 40-60% to partner sites, customer sites, other F5 offices, and to tradeshow/conference events.
- Ability to work on-site or remotely and still maintain tight collaboration with team and partners.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of one or more key cyber-security concepts and technologies such as web application security, TLS/SSL, certificate and key management, and authentication & authorization protocols (SAML, OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect) and network perimeter security.
- In-depth knowledge of F5 products, technology, and go-to-market strategies highly desirable.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and solve technical problems.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, with ability to articulate complex technology simply.
- Thorough understanding of the OSI layers L4-7 protocols, particularly web application protocols (HTML, HTTP, XML, etc.).
- Hands on experience with OSI layers L2-3 networking technologies and implementations (TCP/IP, VLANs, IP addressing and subnetting, NAT etc.).
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience; MS/MA desired.
- Proven track record of learning new technologies, developing domain expertise on new products and solutions, and demonstrating a hands-on approach to installing, using, and maintaining new offerings.
- 10+ years experience supporting technical sales and/or partners-led sales of enterprise applications and cyber-security solutions to corporate accounts.
- 4+ years of developing technical solutions in a collaborative environment.
- 4+ years of participating in the production of technical documentation like a reference architecture.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top