Automation Analysis Test Engineer APM
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Test Engineer (TE) is responsible for executing and analysing failure of automated tests for the BIG-IP Access Policy Manager. This includes understanding our automated test infrastructures & various frameworks, investigating and finding root cause or issues, logging bugs, providing repro environment for failures and fixing our python scripts. TEs will regular work with team members in geographically dispersed locations. Collaborates with senior internal personnel in areas of expertise. TEs build relationships with team members, and accept ownership in assigned areas.
Attractions of the Job
You will be working as part of a team focused on the verifying behaviour & ensuring quality for various release of BIG-IP Access Policy Manager. Our engineers test technology many top companies deploy across the globe in a variety of industries, on infrastructure that is vital to their operational function. There are many opportunities to grown into this position from becoming Subject Matter Experts in multiple fields to automating new tests and proposing new solutions. The automation engineer has a unique view on all technologies in APM (VDI, proxies, Network access, AAA, Federation..) and various supported platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Android). The BIG-IP product, scripting skills, analysing, troubleshooting and debugging combined with the high level of technical expertise in this role, teaches a TE skills that makes them in high demand in F5 and in the industry.
- Analyse and communicate test results.
- Execute tests, report and verify defects. Work with other tester engineers, developers, or professional services engineers to qualify and reproduce problems.
- Ensure infrastructure is up and running and working smoothly.
- Work with the development team to help isolate defects and enhance product quality.
- Maintain test infrastructure.
- Maintain test scripts.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 1 year+ relevant professional/technical experience.
- BA/BS degree in computer/ engineering related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Strong analytic & troubleshooting skills are a must.
- Ability to prioritise incoming tasks (based on pre-defined set of rules), comfortable with change in priorities and able to quickly switch to critical work is required.
- Knowledge of application layer protocols required (e.g. HTTP, SSL)
- knowledge and experience with several of following areas required:
- UNIX or LINUX operating systems.
- Desktop OS's (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux) and browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
- Mobile platforms (e.g. iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Chrome OS)
- Web Application services (e.g. IIS-based, LAMP-based, etc.)
- Microsoft server products (e.g. Exchange Server family, SharePoint Server family, Office 365).
- Demonstrated experience in testing fundamentals. Creating basic test plan, writing test cases, owning defects from beginning to end.
- Understanding L1 to 4 (router, switch, ARP, TCP/IP protocols) preferred.
- Understanding of cryptography/ keys-certificate pattern preferred.
- Good scripting and debugging skills a strong plus.
- Understanding of OOP a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment, experience working with geographically dispersed teams also preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilise a computer, communicate via video conference, telephone, IM, and read printed material.
- Working in an environment where work hours are scheduled to Product Development needs. This role may be required to work outside of core business hours including early morning, late evening, overnight, weekends, and/or holidays when needed.
- US based technical training as part of the on-boarding for this new role and team is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top