Associate Lab Network Engineer
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Associate Global Services Lab Network Engineer works with the GS team to ensure the equipment, environments and tools continue to provide the valuable lab services and tools to the F5 Global Services (GS) Shared Lab(s). The GS labs support both production systems and customized/flexible testing environments used by Support Services, Engineering Services and Professional Services Consulting teams.
Overview of duties:
Perform equipment resets, cabling requests, process Service Order (aka RMAs), trunking requests, VLAN tagging, troubleshooting network connectivity, monitoring global alerts, monitoring ticketing system, quarterly gear software updates, updating Process Docs pages, updating checkout tools, ability to prioritize tasks and other workload.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Resetting F5 systems in the Pending Reset queue - Resetting gear that has been checked back in after use.
- Cabling requests - Generally assisting users with their requests for cabling their checked out equipment, and taking their requests down when they return their equipment.
- Creating Service Requests and RMA Tracking tickets - Creating Service Now tickets, and Siebel Service Requests/Service Orders to mitigate hardware needing replacements.
- Managing ticket queue and project progress.
- Work as part of a Global Services Team providing worldwide service.
- Write/Update documentation for processes, procedures and troubleshooting related to GS labs team.
- Assist with steering GS Lab team projects, driving timelines and tasks to completion.
- Assist with projects as needed that relate to GS Labs.
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned/requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Goal oriented with excellent communication, problem-solving, planning and organization skills.
- Ability to work across international boundaries, cultures and have a working knowledge of the IT industry.
- Maintains strong work standards, and promotes productivity, accountability and high morale.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment or work independently effectively.
- Believes the betterment of the team is the ability to share knowledge freely with peers.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Proficient with Windows OS
- Exposure to UNIX. Some experience with Linux.
- Some exposure to VMWare or equivalent hypervisors is a plus.
- Basic hands-on technical experience with internetworking/data center operations including LAN/WAN operations
- A working knowledge of virtual machine technology (OpenStack, VMware and Hyper-V, XEN or KVM)
- Familiar with various scripting languages (Perl, Python) for lab automation
- Experience with or knowledge of any of the following is a plus: networking products such as routers, switches (DELL Force 10, Arista), firewalls and NFS storage (NetApp, Tegile)
- Data Center cabling experience is a plus.
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt new technologies.
- Create, maintain and communicate project schedules.
- Excellent ticket management and follow-up skills.
- Proven ability to follow processes and procedures.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, planning and organization skills
- 2+ years' experience working in customer service or data center.
- 2+ years of related experience to include call center and/or Technical Support experience handling user interactions via phone, email, tickets, multi-tasking and assisting with team projects
- Basic Understanding/Knowledge of IP networking basics: L2, L3, L4, L7
- Training experience a plus
- Microsoft Suite experience required.
- Must read, write and speak fluent English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table and in a Data Center environment.
- Capability to lift up to 70 lbs., rack and stack networking gear, including F5 products within OSHA limitations.
- Duties may require the ability to travel including internationally via automobile or airplane, approximately 5 % of the time spent traveling; possibly on short notice.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top