Architect - Cloud & Microservices
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Interested in working with smart people on hard problems in an environment that values hard work, integrity and teamwork over individuals and rock stars? Want the excitement and fast pace of an aggressive project, and opportunity to work with state of the art microservice architectures and cloud technologies?
We are looking for a Software Architect with deep cloud and microservices experience to focus on extensible and scalable architectures and support the development of cloud-ready products and services from day 1. This visionary and pragmatic architect should understand what it takes to deliver software and cloud services and enjoy getting his/her hands dirty while retaining the ability to keep a high-level view of where the product needs to go to ensure we're building a platform that will endure the ever-changing landscape of cloud landscape.
- Working closely with peers to design robust scalable cloud ready services
- Strong focus on DevOps use-cases and work-flows
- Optimized internally for extensibility and enabling development teams to operate quickly
- Research and evaluate emerging technology and business trends.Be able to communicate clearly the implications of these trends on our larger business and product strategy.
- Work with teams and Product Management to refine requirements, understand how we will meet the broader properties of the system and help create flexible elegant and extensible designs
- Drive critical architectural decisions with a larger set of company stakeholders
- Clearly communicate implications and tradeoffs of architecturally valid options
- Work to drive decisions through a crisp decision-making process and framework
- Analyze criteria and options and gather necessary data to answer key questions
- Provide leadership in engineering and cloud patterns and quality best practices, helping guide team members in the right direction
- Behavior Driven Development and Test Driven Development
- Agile methodologies
- Micro-service architectural patterns
- Collaborate with and hold teams accountable to architecture and design patterns while evolving the target architecture as needed in an Agile manner
- Evangelize to a wider audience best practices and cloud ready qualities and architectures
- Travel expectations:3-4 times per year
- Location: Seattle F5 Headquarters
- Architected, designed, developed and delivered scalable distributed cloud services in a microservices based production environment
- Internally and externally recognized as a thought leader and expert in cloud architectures and technologies
- Industry respected speaker, participating in both internal and external events.
- Meeting with key customers and external partners, able to articulate roadmap and product architecture.
- Experience designing, developing and delivering scalable distributed cloud services in a micro-service architected environment
- Deep understanding of public cloud performance and cost models and constraints
- An understanding of DevOps needs and workflows - a strong plus
- Experience with consuming or creating open source offerings to leverage the power of the community
- Experience in evaluating technologies or standards for adoption or
- Leadership and participation in standards bodies or committees a strong plus
- Exceptional problem solving and risk assessment and mitigation skills.
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to mentor and groom other engineers.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications along with good presentation experience and skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team - supporting and guiding the team in their growth and goals.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 15 years industry and engineering experience
- Experience with Agile methodologies and quality best practices with a proven ability to deliver quality software and services at predictable intervals.
At F5 we live and breathe our core values; Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Customer Loyalty, Profitable Growth, Innovation, Employee Success, and Diversity. We help each other achieve our goals, value the diversity of ideas different backgrounds can bring, emphasize teamwork over rock-stars, work hard and most of all have fun!
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top