Application Delivery Consultant I (Federal)
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
What would you do?
As an F5 Application Delivery Consultant, you are an innovative engineer working in partnership with our clients, advising them how to use F5 ADC solutions in order to meet their business objectives or overcome problems. You are a leader with vision, providing strategic mentorship and subject matter expertise to customers with regard to implementation and configuration of the core F5 BIG-IP products.
You are the face of F5 while engaged on customer projects and are key contributors fostering a positive relationship between customers and F5 through effective communication and successful delivery of the solutions. They understand and communicate goals and critical success factors for the project; have a dialog on ideas persuasively and pace the communications properly.Ideally, a suitable geographic hub for this position would be Washington DC, Northern Virginia, Maryland, Dallas/Ft. Worth and/or St. Louis!
What are your responsibilities?
- Provide technical guidance to customer onsite and/or remotely regarding the implementation, configuration and maintenance of the F5 BIG-IP core products independently or with a team
- Perform as project lead and/or key contributor for systems architecture, solution design, deployment, testing, problem identification, troubleshooting and documentation
- Perform basic project management duties such as projects status update reports, time tracking and expectation management for the delivery of work product and associated risks
- Manage customer interaction and engagement over the course of the assigned projects
- Maintain working proficiency in F5 products and technologies through self-directed and formal training
- Identify additional product/services opportunities in customer organization
- Engage with multiple teams including but not limited to F5 Support, F5 Product Sales, and F5 Professional Services Sales
Requirements to get the job done:
- This position requires that you have an Active Top Secret Security Clearance as you will be engaging with Federal contracts
- Hold BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
- Provide at least five years of meaningful experience, with a focus on architecture and design of network or systems infrastructure, performance and management
- Bring at least 2 years of experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer.
- Demonstrate an understanding of technologies such as firewalling, application availability and security, web gateways, authentication/authorization, encryption, VPN's and network architecture.
- Demonstrate an ability to articulate and transfer complex ideas to a wide audience through both verbal and written communication.
- Motivate yourself and adapt to changing environments.
- Demonstrate strong written communication, presentation writing, project scoping and technical documentation skills.
- Provide experience handling multiple concurrent network and security projects
It is helpful for candidates to have knowledge & experience with the following:
- Proficiency with F5 ADC and industry standard security technologies and products: Firewalls, WAFs, IDS/IPS
- Knowledge of common networking concepts with a deep understanding of Ethernet, IP (IPv4 and IPv6), TCP, and UDP.
- Configuring or running OSPF, BGP, static and dynamic routing with firewall technology for any organization.
- Linux, UNIX, and Windows knowledge
- Knowledge of DNS related tools and technologies: BIND, named
- Cryptographic concepts and implementations: OpenSSL, DNSSEC, SSL/TLS, PKI, IKE
- AAA related technologies: Active Directory (AD), LDAP, NTLM, Kerberos, SAML, RADIUS, DIAMETER, and TACACS.
- VPN and tunneling technologies: IPsec, SSL, PPTP, GRE, MPLS
- IIS, Apache, WebSphere, WebLogic, Oracle or similar web and application platforms.
- Security certifications: OSCP, OSWE, GIAC, CISSP, Security+
- Scripting and development experience in F5 iRules, Unix Shell, Perl, Python, C, C++, C#.
- Scripting and development experience in web technologies: Java, JSP, PHP, .NET, Node.js
- Duties require the ability to travel 50% or greater via automobile and airplane, and may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Job requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- This role involves customer facing engagements and may be subject to additional background check requirements per customer requests. All screenings and results will be subject to applicable law and F5 policies, and may be used to determine work assignment or further employment eligibility.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Systems Engineering Manager
Rubyanne manages a team of systems engineers—the technical half of a Sales Account Team—empowering them with the tools they need to be successful as they provide pre-sales support throughout northern California.
Back to top