Android Development Manager
- Santa Clara, CA
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Join a forward-thinking team of engineers, data scientists, and security experts to defend the Internet against automated attacks! Implement countermeasures, analyze network traffic, detect attack patterns, ensure the integrity of Shape's defenses, and establish yourself as a leader in the growing field of mobile security. Shape is defeating malicious attackers in real time, daily, and needs hardworking people who will develop the next generation of weapons to use against these bad actors.
- Lead a team of hardworking developers, QA and professional services staff to deliver industry leading innovations to protect our customers proactively.
- A hands on technical leader guiding the team in embracing validated design patterns for delivering well architected, maintainable, extensible and stable software optimized for the Android platform.
- Keep abreast of the latest capabilities and standard methodologies in mobile security to ensure we always provide the best of breed software stack.
- Research new innovations in security as the mobile landscape shifts with new devices, platform updates, popular 3rd party SDKs and APIs.
- Be proficient with effective project management principles to ensure team goals are met with enough time allocated for innovation.
- An empathetic & influential leader who can earn the respect of the team and peers while maintaining high levels of camaraderie and team spirit.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2 or more years of experience as a Team Lead or Engineering Manager
- Proficiency in Java/Kotlin on Android.
- Experience deploying Android SDKs or apps at scale.
- Experience with developing automated mobile app tests.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Deep knowledge of HTTP in practice and the usage of network clients.
Bonus Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic knowledge of NDK/Kotlin for Android applications.
- Proven understanding of secure coding practices.
- Experience in data encryption and secure communication.
- Experience analyzing network traffic.
- Automation experience with frameworks such as Espresso, Appium etc.
- Interest in Data Science/AI/ML concepts to effectively evaluate, consume and derive actionable intelligence from nearly 4B transactions that Shape processes.
- Working knowledge of backend concepts like cloud native development, scalable systems with high availability/reliability etc.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top