Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Interested in working with smart people on hard problems in an environment that values hard work, integrity and teamwork over individuals and rock stars? Want the excitement and fast pace of an aggressive project, and opportunity to work with state of the art microservice architectures and cloud technologies?
We are building a focused, fast-paced, team to move F5's technology to the next level in the cloud. This team will work fast, adapt and iterate quickly. We are looking for an Agile Coach and Technical Program Manager to help teams transform from Waterfall to Scrum and self-organize in an Agile way as we work to deliver a cloud-ready and cloud-quality platform and product offering. This role will help guide and tune the teams as we sprint toward our first release. In addition, this role will:
- Create and hold the vision for the Agile teams to keep teams working efficiently and effectively to deliver increments of working functionality
- Bring in external stakeholders where identified to ensure the teams have the customer in mind.
- Work with the Product Owner to help prioritize working increments of functionality
- Coach teams on understanding their own velocity and capacity as they build experience
- Help teams plan sprints and retrospectives and ensure that they are folding the lessons learned back into future iterations
- Direct a regular scrum-of-scrum process to coordinate between teams, helping teams manage risks as they are revealed
- Engage as a member of the leadership team set team direction and objectives and adjust to changes, set or adjust strategy
- Identify when external stakeholders are needed, engage them and bring them in.
- Create regular communication channels for all stakeholders to understand status, risks and dependencies.
- Provide regular status and progress roll-ups with realistic milestone targets, risks and mitigations
- Work closely with Product Owners, DevOps Engineers and Quality Engineers to help
- Customer and persona centric use cases define team outcomes
- Consistently use DevOps infrastructure and tools enable efficient and quality delivery
- Meet quality goals early in the software development cycle
- Ensure the teams learn how to cloud-service delivery and work to develop a true CI/CD work-flow that can delivery stable high quality solutions at cloud-paced speeds.
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic and a roll-up-the-sleeves attitude to just get things done
- 5+ Years of Agile methodology – e.g. SCRUM, TDD, Kanban
- 8+ years of program management
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience (MBA is a strong plus)
- Experience with modern development tools a must - Git, Ansible, Jenkins or similar tools.
- Experience with Agile team coaching required
- Experience with cloud service delivery and micro-service architectures a strong plus
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with proven ability to identify problems and bring solutions to the table
At F5 we live and breathe our core values; Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Customer Loyalty, Profitable Growth, Innovation, Employee Success, and Diversity. We help each other achieve our goals, value the diversity of ideas different backgrounds can bring, emphasize teamwork over rock-stars, work hard and most of all have fun!
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top