Account Lead - Ericsson
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
At F5, our mission is based on the fact that business depends on apps.
Our long-standing belief that applications are the most valuable assets of any organization in the digital age has been the foundation of our strategy to become the leader in multi-cloud application services. When you combine F5's, NGINX's and Shape's expertise powering over half of the world's applications across all types of environments, you have a company that knows how to deliver and secure more applications, and more value, than any company in the industry.
This means that we are able to deliver and protect applications—revenue generating, brand-anchoring applications—from the point at which they are created through to the point when consumers interact with them. In other words, from "code to customer." This makes the combined forces of F5, NGINX and Shape absolutely essential to every digital organization in the world, including the world's largest enterprises, service providers, financial and educational institutions, government entities, and consumer brands.
At F5 we actively build a culture that everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential. As a global business leader, we know diversity drives innovation, makes everything we build better for our customers, and fuels our success. We know the magic ingredient is our differences, when embraced with humility and respect. And because we know this, we believe that top talent is found in a diversity of individual backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to help us all thrive.
A part of our growth, we are now searching for a talented Account lead to manage the Ericsson business.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Serve as a key member of the EMEA Service Provider team focused on helping drive, land and expand strategic partnerships with key Service Provider/Telco focused network equipment vendors such as Ericsson
- Help define the joint F5 and partner value proposition and drive joint strategic business plans with a go to market plans that drive the joint implementation of use cases that embed F5 products and offers
- Agree on a strategic business development plan with network equipment vendor partners and ensure it is in line with F5's strategic direction
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, product service teams, legal, support, marketing etc.).
- Develop and drive joint customer opportunity pipeline with the network equipment vendor partners and build and lead key initiatives jointly with partners.
- Work backwards from customer and partner use cases to clearly identify and articulate technical and business requirements that provide direction & priorities for F5 to properly develop its product roadmaps and capabilities.
- Closely manage & monitor progress and roadblocks related to embedding F5's products.
- Support the field in deal closing & deal bookings with the partner
- Drive initiatives to expand the partner's adoption of F5's Service provider solution portfolio.
- Support and help trouble shoot complex engagements and deal structures
- Prepare, present & drive Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) with F5 senior management & the partner's management team.
- Negotiate Master purchasing agreements as appropriate with the partner.
- A number of years of experience with go to market strategy, business development, Service Provider sales and or product management experience
- Bachelors' degree required
- Solid understanding of the Telecommunications in particular Mobile communications and cloud industries
- VP level relationships with the Top 3 network equipment vendors
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key.
- Experience in negotiating Master Purchase agreement with partners
- Experience selling / positioning modern service provider architectures (edge networking/compute, CDN, micro-service architectures) and software subscriptions.
- Experience with mobile networking products in particular core networking, RAN, OSS/BSS.
- Direct sales experience and executive relationships with major Communications service providers a plus
- Experience working with Cloud, SaaS companies a plus
- Relationships with major public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Alibaba) a plus
- MBA, Computer Science, and/or Communications Engineering background highly desired
- Understanding of software development practices (e.g. Agile, CI/CDP), Software defined architectures
F5 Networks is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top