The Network Engineer is responsible for implementing and maintaining all aspects of our client’s Network technology and ECI’s Cloud Network. This includes daily support incidents, troubleshooting, equipment installations, reconfigurations and upgrades.
He/she interfaces with high profile financial industry clients on a daily basis thus requiring the highest level of presentation, communication and professionalism. In addition, the Network Engineer is required to multitask in a fast paced and high-pressure environment and have the ability to learn and implement new technologies quickly and efficiently.
- Deploys/upgrades Network solutions (production and disaster recovery) for new and existing Clients
- Ensures proper installation and configuration of a broad range of network equipment
- Provisions turn-up and routing involving private and internet circuits utilizing industry standard protocols
- Maintains, upgrades and evaluates new network management software and tools to ensure operational efficiencies
- Adheres to ECI’s standard network operating procedures and policies
- Maintains clients’ Network production and disaster recovery environment
- Contributes to knowledge base of support issues and resolutions
- Supports recovery of clients’ environment in the event of system failure or disaster
- Provides Tier 2 escalation to Client’s Support Team to diagnose and resolve issues in client’s environments; coordinates with internal resources and vendors
- Ensures clients are receiving attentive network support and production issues are being driven to resolution
- Engages in self-directed continuous improvement and learning of Eze Managed Cloud products:
- Investigates and follows both industry and ECI best practices and updates ECI standards
- Documents standards on the ECI WIKI
- Participates in scheduled Support and Product Team meetings
- BA/BS degree in computer science, business or 2-4 years related field
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills required: Ability to identify and analyze network quality and operational processes and then drive corrective / preventative action plans.
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Sharp attention to detail
- Outstanding client/customer services skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Understanding of networking and distributed computing concepts, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, VPN, NAT, Routing, Switching and Firewalls, server virtualization, client/server applications, disaster recovery and business continuity
- Knowledge of implementation and support of Ethernet networks (Enterprise level) with firewalls, routers, and switches from vendors including Cisco and Palo Alto Networks
- Theoretical or practical knowledge implementing security using VPN technologies including IPSec, SSL VPN, and encryption.
- Working knowledge of Wireless technologies including WLAN controllers
- Working knowledge of tools including syslog, SNMP and Wireshark
- Working knowledge of and ability to support network products from vendors including Juniper Networks, Arista, and HP are a plus.
- Financial Industry Experience including familiarity with market vendor applications are a plus
- CCNA certification or higher preferred
- Experience with comprehensive layer 1 (media selection, cable provisioning) including Ethernet and Fiber
- Working knowledge of how to design, and maintain layer 2 Ethernet environments, including the proper selection, configuration, and deployment of spanning-tree protocols
- Excellent knowledge of IPv4 network theory and concepts, suitable for 10 – 1000 end users
- Working knowledge of IPv6 network theory and concepts
- Working knowledge of the design and support of networks using the following protocols: RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, HSRP are a plus
- Minimum 3 years’ experience configuring and managing:
- Cisco Catalyst 2960, 3560, 3750, 3850 series switches, or similar
- Cisco 1900, 2900, 3600 series routers or similar ISR series routers
- ASA 5500 security appliance platform
- IPSec and SSL VPN solutions
- Ability to deploy home networks and cable modems, DSL, firewalls, hardware and software VPN
- Knowledge of TACAC+, and RADIUS authentication integration
- Knowledge of Palo Alto Networks Firewalls
- Ability to work in an independent environment with moderate supervision
- Ability to work under a moderate noise level (i.e. working on an open floor with printers, telephones, and computers)
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines (including late nights and weekends)
- Ability to travel for business and work beyond normal business hours when necessary
- Ability to be flexible and successfully respond to multiple work pressures
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
ECI is a leading provider in the financial industry of cloud and technical solutions. With over 25 years in business, ECI has upheld a reputation of developing top-tier industry technologists by allowing them to work in fast-paced and dynamic environments. Focusing on a “promote from within” culture allows our team to grow both personally and professionally.