Senior Web Full Stack Engineer
- London, United Kingdom
Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept:
Join our passionate team of top-notch engineers to help people spend less time managing expenses and more time doing what they were born to do. That means building the easiest, fastest, and most efficient platform to automate everything expense-related.
You have a broad curiosity both inside and outside of work, and like to learn without being taught. You set tangible goals for your life and have demonstrated a willingness to work hard to achieve them. You aren't afraid to ask questions, look for help, or admit when you're wrong. You share our mission of living rich, having fun, and saving the world. You're also willing to work by our Two Rules: Get Shit Done, and Don't Ruin It for Everyone Else.
Beyond that, you:
- Have 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Understand algorithms and design patterns, and can apply them to a production-level codebase.
- Are a natural problem solver who automates repetitive tasks, pushes for creative solutions, and doesn't wait for others to flag issues.
- Don't compromise on "good enough" and instead objectively work through all solutions to arrive at the best possible outcome.
- Follow Best Practices (upper case), but are willing to question them in favor of Expensify's best practices (lower case).
- Collaborate and communicate well in code, in person, and across teams
- Know the most appropriate time to refactor code and implement new technology.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, your responsibilities will include those of the Web Full Stack Engineer role, as well as:
- Leading company-wide initiatives to solve the hardest problems we have
- Inspiring your peers to consistently deliver new tools and features
- Using everything at your disposal to help you and others Get Shit Done
- Mentoring teammates to grow their skills in programming, leadership, and beyond
- Full-time, salaried position
- Employer match to retirement pension
- 100% of the premiums for Dental and Medical insurance
- Free lunch
- Flexible vacation policy
- Work From Home when you need it
- Last, but far from least, the company spends 3 weeks abroad as a team
Applying is easy, but it takes time. See, while we know you're awesome, it's actually really hard and time consuming to find you in the midst of hundreds of applications we get from others. So this is where we're going to ask our first favor: Can you make it really easy and obvious how great you are, so we don't accidentally overlook you? There are probably many ways to do that, but the easiest way is to help us out by answering the following questions:
- What's the URL of your website? If you don't have one, why not?
- What's your coding history? When did you start, and what have you done between then and now?
- What do you want to do with the rest of your life, and how is Expensify a step toward your long-term goals?
- How did you hear about us? A job posting? Chalk on a sidewalk? From a friend? Let us know where you saw this opening.
Otherwise, feel free to fill out our form below.
Back to top