Full Stack Engineering Intern
- Flexible / Remote
At Expensify, our unique approach to solving a real-world problem allows people to spend less time managing expenses and more time pursuing their real goals. Today, more than 10 million people and 80,000 companies use Expensify across the globe - that's more customers than the rest of the industry combined. We're the fastest-growing receipt and expense company globally, and one of the highest revenue-per-employee companies in the world. We reimburse millions of dollars every day, process billions every year, and serve customers in more than 169 countries.
Our employees work from all over the world, but if you're looking for a change of scene we offer visa sponsorship and relocation assistance to join us at one of our rad locations:
- San Francisco
- New York
Whether you're building features like calendar integrations, importing credit card transactions, or pulling information from receipts, you're self-driven and collaborative. You're an autonomous individual who is passionate about writing beautiful and concise code. You're willing to work with other engineers, designers, and customer facing teams to turn our dreams into reality.
As a Full Stack Engineering Intern, your responsibilities include:
- Implementing improvements
- Planning, building, and maintaining cross-stack features like accounting integrations, advanced receipt scanning, and more.
- Guiding and enabling others in the organization: we'll share our editor tricks, dotfiles and productive workflows. Share yours!
- Asking questions about things you don't understand and challenging the status quo.
For the best possible fit, we're looking for someone who:
- Is a student who can do a minimum 6 month internship with the opportunity for full-time employment.
- Has experience writing real-world software to solve real-world problems.
- Communicates well, both interpersonally and in their code.
- Is a natural problem solver, knows how to solve problems by automating their solutions.
- Understands the role and impact that programming can have on the organization as a whole.
- Wants to develop and grow their skills in programming and leadership within the organization.
Compensation & Benefits
- Full-time, salaried position
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Free lunch
- Flexible vacation policy
Applying is easy, but it takes time. See, while we know you're awesome, it's actually really hard and time consuming to find you in the midst of literally hundreds of other applications we get from everyone else. So this is where we're going to ask our first favor: can you make it really easy and obvious how great you are, so we don't accidentally overlook you? There are many ways to do that, but the easiest way to help us out is by answering the following questions:
- What's the URL of your website? If you don't have one, why not?
- What's your coding history? When did you start, and what have you done between then and now?
- What do you want to do with the rest of your life, and how is Expensify a step toward your long-term goals?
- How did you hear about us? A job posting? Chalk on a sidewalk? From a friend? Let us know where you saw this opening.
Back to top