- Flexible / Remote
In your world, every call with a potential client is an opportunity to help someone tackle a set of problems. Sometimes you can solve those problems, and sometimes you can't. Either way, you get joy out of those conversations.
Do you love grabbing a whiteboard and collaborating with a client to find the right solutions? Do you keep a pulse on new technology and security solutions hitting the market? If so, Expel’s Solutions Architect role may be of interest to you.
At Expel we've got our eye on the long game. Our clients need to be able to trust us, and that begins with understanding where they currently are, where they want to be, and connecting them to solutions that will help them (even if it’s not Expel!). We do what we say, and they will love what we do. We don't use jargon, replay tired phrases or provide fuzzy answers. We want our clients to love our product and feel good about how we treat them during every interaction.
As a Solutions Architect at Expel, you’re responsible for understanding the needs of prospects, setting expectations around what we can and can’t do, then creating a strategy for the delivery teams to ensure the prospects success. And the fun doesn’t stop there, you’ll get your hands dirty on the delivery side as well. Solution Architects own Proof of Concepts (PoC), meaning you’ll be responsible for scoping PoCs, and working with various Delivery teams to ensure we’re showing prospects what they need to see in order to make a buying decision.
Success is ensuring that Expel can make space for the client to do what they love about security. You do this by aligning prospects and Expel on the right solution. Sometimes, that means showing them we can do what we say we do. Other times, that means leading them to a new vision.
You dig it either way.
What Expel can do for you
- Connect you with people and organizations who want to get better at information security and are eager to share their point of view
- Expose you to an environment where you will be challenged but supported, encouraging you to learn and grow
- Surprise you with the capability of our team and our willingness to creatively support your efforts, whether that's via teaching you about security, creating engaging content or investing in your development
- Enable you to build relationships with and learn from experts in their fields, including world class SOC analysts, sales leaders, customer success professionals, and clients of all shapes and sizes
What you can do for Expel
- Identify clients’ challenges, wants, and needs
- Set expectations around what we can and can’t do to meet those wants and needs
- Develop customer strategies to execute on those wants and needs
- Conduct a technical overview and deep dive of Expel's capabilities in a way that’s meaningful to prospective clients
- Align internal resources & teams to ensure successful proof of concepts
- Work with product management to address new market segments or provide new offerings.
What you should bring with you
- Experience working effectively with multiple teams in an organization by encouraging teamwork, delegating tasks, resolving conflict, setting goals, and holding teams accountable
- Great communication skills
- Familiarity with detection and response tools
- Understanding of corporate governance, including budgeting, compliance and reporting
- Knowledge of attack vectors, threat tactics, and attacker techniques.
- Familiarity with network architecture and security infrastructure placement.
- Working knowledge of a variety of compliance frameworks
- Ability to lead solution architecture discussions and reviews
- Experience in security operations, incident response, and associated best practices/processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience
We're currently looking for those who can support clients and sales teams during west coast business hours.
At Expel, our employee benefits reflect our commitment to our crew. Unlimited PTO, equity for everyone, work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and excellent health benefits are some of the ways we care for our Expletives.
We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer: You'll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.
Back to top