Senior Sales Recruiter
- Herndon, VA
We believe recruiting is a company-wide effort. We don’t think you’ll find another company where the management team is as involved in recruiting as we are here. We believe we all have our strengths, but as a whole must always hire people smarter than ourselves because the strength of our teams will always be greater than the strengths of our individuals. Is your head already abuzz with ideas of how you’d tap into this energy to help us build an amazing sales crew?
Interested? Great. We're searching for people who think like a marketer, convey earnest value like a salesperson, and tackle problems like an engineer. You're someone who finds joy in working with hiring managers and can guide them through the recruiting process. You care deeply about what motivates people to work and want to match this motivation to the right job. Recruiting analytics? Yes, please. You get excited when people want to discuss recruiting funnels, time to hire, diversity, and new hire performance.
Our sales department is rapidly growing, and we seek highly specialized and hardworking sales professionals who can keep pace with current growth and create new opportunities. Our Recruiter must have extensive experience working with sales executives, particularly in the security or high tech industry. Our Recruiter will also be able to flex occasionally to support other priority roles across Expel. The successful candidate will have a keen eye when reviewing resumes and conducting interviews.
What Expel can do for you
- Embed you in a company that cares deeply about helping their fellow human beings develop into the best they can be
- Support your ideas and initiatives that will help us find and connect with the best people for Expel
- Provide insight into the complex security product and services markets
- Give you the opportunity to try new things and work with a team who cares a lot about how we bring people into the Expel crew
What you can do for Expel
- Instill a positive impression of Expel in candidates by promptly and entertainingly engaging throughout the recruiting cycle
- Ensure our approach to recruiting fosters diversity & inclusion
- Guide our hiring managers in understanding the skills, traits and experiences needed and creatively source appropriate candidates
- Identify and nurture applicant sources by engaging with various networks and online platforms
- Build out talent networks and tapping knowledgeable industry sources to develop an ongoing pool of candidates
- Shepherd managers and candidates through the interviewing and hiring process
- Work with third party sourcers and recruiters when needed to cost effectively identify the best candidates for open roles
- Help us continually improve the effectiveness and overall quality of our recruiting process by managing through metrics
- Understand Expel’s business strategy and competitive positioning
What you should bring with you
- 3+ years experience full life cycle recruiting for all levels of sales positions in a tech environment
- 6+ years proven success as a sales, marketing or corporate recruiter
- Ability to candidates personas for specific roles and build corresponding targeted sourcing strategy
- Firm understanding of business functions and the unique needs and perspectives of security operations, sales, finance, marketing and engineering
- Ability to gain sufficient technical fluency to engage with and initially assess technical candidates
- Strong active listening and conversational skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to consistently set and meet expectations
- Familiarity with one or more applicant tracking systems (e.g. Greenhouse)
- Experience in growing startup environments or equivalent “built from scratch” scenarios
- Experience recruiting for cybersecurity roles is a significant advantage
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field, or an equivalently compelling series of life experiences
At Expel, our employee benefits reflect our commitment to our crew. Unlimited PTO, equity for everyone, work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and excellent health benefits are some of the ways we care for our Expletives.
Our headquarters is in Herndon, Virginia. However, we realize that while there is a benefit to in-person interaction, good people don’t all live in Northern Virginia. Remote work is an option for this role.
We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer: You'll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.
Back to top