- Herndon, VA
We believe recruiting is a company-wide effort. We don’t think you’ll find another company where the management team is as involved in recruiting as we are here. We believe we all have our strengths, but as a whole must always hire people smarter than ourselves because the strength of our teams will always be greater than the strengths of our individuals. Is your head already abuzz with ideas of how you’d tap into this energy to help an amazing crew?
Interested? Excellent! We're searching for someone who thinks like a marketer, conveys earnest value like a salesperson, and tackles problems like an engineer. You're someone who finds joy in working with hiring managers and can guide them through the recruiting process. You love researching and finding hard to find candidates with unique skills. You care deeply about what motivates people to work and want to match this motivation to the right job. Recruiting analytics? Yes, please. You get excited when people want to discuss recruiting funnels, time to hire, diversity, and candidate experience.
Expel is growing, and we want someone who is instrumental in how we do it right. Our Recruiter should have extensive experience working with hiring managers at all levels, particularly in the security or high tech industry. The successful candidate will have a keen eye when reviewing resumes and conducting behavioral based interviews.
What Expel can do for you
- Embed you in a company that cares deeply about helping their fellow humans develop into the best they can be
- Support your ideas and initiatives that will help us find and connect with the best people for Expel
- Provide insight into the sophisticated security product and services markets
- Give you the opportunity to try new things and work with a team who cares a lot about how we bring people into the Expel crew
- Provide you with growth opportunities
What you can do for Expel
- Instill a positive impression of Expel in candidates by promptly and entertainingly engaging throughout the recruiting cycle
- Ensure our approach to recruiting fosters diversity & inclusion
- Guide our hiring managers in understanding the skills, traits and experiences needed and creatively source appropriate candidates
- Identify and nurture applicant sources by engaging with various networks and online platforms
- Build out talent networks and tapping knowledgeable industry sources to develop an ongoing pool of candidates
- Help us continually improve the effectiveness and overall quality of our recruiting process
- Understand Expel’s business strategy and competitive positioning
What you should bring with you
- 4+ years experience full life cycle recruiting for all levels of technical, sales, operational positions in a tech environment
- Firm understanding of business functions and the unique needs and perspectives of sales, customer experience, security and IT, engineering, and solutions architecture
- Ability to understand candidate personas for specific roles and build corresponding targeted sourcing strategies
- Ability to gain sufficient technical fluency to engage with and initially assess technical candidates
- Strong active listening and conversational skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Familiarity with one or more applicant tracking systems (e.g. Greenhouse)
- Experience recruiting for cybersecurity roles is a significant advantage
- Ability to pull and utilize data to improve processes
- A desire to grow into a leader
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field, or an equivalently compelling series of life experiences
At Expel, our employee benefits reflect our commitment to our crew. Unlimited PTO, equity for everyone, work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and excellent health benefits are some of the ways we care for our Expletives.
Our headquarters is in Herndon, Virginia. However, we realize that while there is a benefit to in-person interaction, good people don’t all live in Northern Virginia. Remote work is an option for this role.
We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer: You'll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.
Back to top