Product Marketing Manager
You hit the nail on the head – for a living. And it's no accident. Over the years you've learned to look at your product through your clients’ eyes. It's what allows you to anticipate customers' drivers and their deal-breakers. And that's gold to the sales team. Especially since you've got a knack for translating complex concepts into clear benefits that strike a chord with customers.
If you're looking to market a product that customers actually love and are passionate about selling products that inspire pride and gratitude, we should talk. Not to brag, but we’re a breath of fresh air in an enterprise information security market that’s confusing, hostile and dominated by vendors focused on their widget instead of what customers actually want or need.
In this role, you'll work with whip-smart product management, sales and service delivery teams to make sure we’re meeting our customers' needs and keeping the competition at bay. You'll be the focal point for translating the capabilities of Workbench into compelling external-facing positioning, sales tools and marketing programs that explain how our approach is different and why customers love working with Expel.
What Expel can do for you
- Give you a platform to unleash your creative potential, taking chances as you seek new ways to tell our story and find new customers
- Surround you with collaborative sales and marketing teams that know the act of creating a long-term customer starts with building trust
- Surprise you with the capability of our team and our willingness to creatively support your efforts
- Give you the opportunity to shine as you scale what we’ve already built, and open new directions for us to explore to create as many customers as we possibly can
What you can do for Expel
- Develop top-notch messaging, selling tools and go-to-market plans
- Translate technology features into clear messaging that fosters engagement with our potential customers
- Immerse yourself with our customers and potential buyers so you understand their stories, what motivates them and why
- Join with our marketing programs team to craft awareness and demand-generation programs that help us can beat our pipeline, revenue, awareness and customer happiness goals
- Run product launches, from soup to nuts
- Train sales to deliver our story ... beautifully using the sales materials, presentations, datasheets, white papers, case studies and web copy you've built
- Learn our competitors inside out so sales can walk tall when they face them and product management can close any gaps that customers care about
- Work with our technology partners on joint marketing materials and programs that make them rave about us
What you should bring with you
- Examples of compelling positioning, messaging and sales tools that your proud of
- A deep understanding of product marketing approaches, processes and associated tools
- Empathy for sales and a bias for sales messaging that "cuts through the marketing fluff" and leaves jargon on the cutting room floor
- Strong project management skills and the ability to effectively drive multiple projects with tight deadlines with minimal oversight
- A strong understanding of information security or cloud infrastructure is ideal but a passion to learn and examples where you've been a quick study will do just fine
- Communications skills that make your audience "get it" whether they're reading what you wrote or listening to what you say
- Ideally, training/certification in Pragmatic™ Marketing
- A Bachelor’s degree or a compelling story
- 4+ years of experience in a product marketing role
We’re looking to hire someone to work from our Herndon, VA office or remote.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer. You’ll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Back to top