Principal Engagement Manager
Our customers are on a journey and you are their sherpa. You’re well-prepared with your background in diverse, ever-changing, corporate environment where priorities seem to conflict daily. You get the complexities of balancing the delivery of information technology to a business while at the same time protecting that business from itself and its adversaries. Expel’s goal is to create space for our customers to do what they love about security. Your mission is to understand what “create space” means and help and encourage them to achieve it.
You'll be our customers' security operations leadership’s right hand. Maybe you have experience on the SOC floor. Or perhaps you were a sysadmin in a prior life where your curiosity and persistence made you a highly sought-after resource on your team. Along this journey you’ve picked up in-depth knowledge of the security technologies available on the market, how they’re typically deployed, what works… and what doesn’t. This ensures your credibility as you recommend change to improve the security posture of your customers’ environments.
We're looking for someone who gets frustrated with the status quo. We're searching for patient listeners but action-takers. We need change agents on our team to be the voice of our customers. You'll influence service delivery, product management, and our engineering organizations. Here, you’ll find an opportunity to channel this energy into making our products and services better, constantly.
If you found yourself nodding as you read this, and yearning for a chance to make a difference across an industry… we think you’ve just found it, and we’d love to hear from you.
What Expel can do for you
- Set you up to have a profound impact on the security of large organizations
- Grow your skills in evaluating and improving security posture and communicating at the executive level
- Connect you directly with customers who truly want to get better at information security and need your help
- Arm you with tools and data to have meaningful conversations with customers to help them get measurably better
- Provide you with the opportunity to invoke change within the company to deliver a service both you and your customers are proud of
- Expose you to security programs and strategies of customers in different industries and of varying sizes
- Give you hands on experience with industry leading security technologies and analysis methodology (go as deep as you want!)
What you can do for Expel
- Partner with customers to measure risk to their organization and provide recommendations to reduce that risk
- Help customers build business cases to implement change that makes them more secure
- Act as a trusted security advisor to our customers, providing both tactical and strategic guidance across operational and executive teams
- Build positive relationships with customers and represent them and their needs during every meeting and with every conversation
- Work directly with Product Management, Engineering, and Operations to make sure we're always working toward customer success
- Support sales by providing domain expertise and building relationships with prospective customers before they choose Expel
What you should bring with you
- An unyielding desire to delight customers
- Deep understanding of security technologies (endpoint, network, & SIEM) and how they can be used to disrupt attackers and enable defenders
- An understanding of the challenges affecting security programs today, and experience working through those challenges
- Knowledge of attack vectors, threat tactics, attacker techniques, and how to defend against them
- Experience applying NIST Cybersecurity Framework or other framework to assess risk is highly desirable (but not required)
- Courage to inspire change and innovate - not just operate
- Experience in a SOC environment as an analyst, sysadmin, or consultant/advisor is a major plus
- Flexibility and an openness to new challenges because, hey, startup life
- A keen sense of humor
We're looking to hire in multiple territories across the United States.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer: You’ll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
Back to top