Office Experience Manager
- Herndon, VA
Does the harmony of order spark joy? Perhaps you find beauty in a careful balance between form and function. As you move through a space, maybe you almost unconsciously make small adjustments here and there so that those who follow in your footsteps enjoy a slightly brighter day as a result of your work. And… perhaps most importantly, you derive a deep sense of personal satisfaction when you’ve accurately anticipated others’ needs before they even realized they had them. If so, I think this role will sing to you.
We believe in taking care of our people by focusing on their experience: every day, and throughout their journey at Expel. That’s why we have an Employee Experience (EX) team that focuses on exactly this. We care about all the little details that can turn a good day into a great day and we’re looking for someone who shares that passion for constant improvement.
In this role, you’re a product manager and your product is the office. As the curator of the establishment you’ll solicit and receive feedback from the entire company about how we can create a functional and welcoming environment in which we can all thrive. If you’re willing to take on this challenge, we’d love to hear from you!
What Expel can do for you
- Provide you about 25,000 sq ft of space to figure out how to constantly improve
- Enable you to grow communication, negotiation, and conflict management skills as you work with vendors and other folks across the business
- Position you to experiment with snacks, meals, caterers, decor, supplies; all sorts of stuff
- Immerse you in a startup environment with a transparent and accessible management team
- Provide never-ending opportunities to brighten everyone else’s day
What you can do for Expel
- Own the details as they relate to our office, kitchens, and conference rooms
- Be diligent around the inventory and stocking of edibles and definitely-not-edibles
- Keep your ear to the ground to identify how we can constantly do better
- Provide logistical support and office preparation around customer visits
- Be the point person for our large scale company celebrations
- Help out with special projects involving the EX and IT teams
- Greet visitors and employees, poke fun at our executives (mercilessly)
What you should bring with you
- Outstanding customer service skills, mindset, and demeanor
- A high attention to detail balanced with a pragmatism to optimize for time
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort with modern office technology, especially office suites (esp G-Suite)
- The willingness and ability to learn new things quickly and respond to feedback
- A few years of experience in this type of work or a compelling reason as to why you think you can rock this job without it
Since our Interdimensional headquarters are located in lovely Herndon, Virginia, we’re going to have to insist that you are too. Sorry, not sorry!
At Expel, our employee benefits reflect our commitment to our crew. Unlimited PTO, equity for everyone, work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and excellent health benefits are some of the ways we care for our Expletives.
We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer: You'll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.
Back to top