Mid-Market Account Executive
- Flexible / Remote
At Expel, we believe if we take care of our employees, they will take care of our customers, and the rest will work itself out. It’s as simple as that. We have built a great place to work where the culture is truly transparent, people love what they do, and work gets appreciated. Now we’re scaling a sales culture that is also transparent and customer focused. A place where our customers rave about their sales team. Where they speak of trust, openness, respect and honesty. We want our customers to not only love our product but feel good about how they get treated during every interaction with us.
You ask questions to understand problems and you enjoy being a true partner to tackle them. You’re a thoughtful sherpa, a calm voice in the night on a rocky trail, working with your customer to stay away from the steep drops. Your customers walk with you because they know you only sell products you believe in, products you stand behind, aspirin for the headache they actually have. We know that no matter how good a product is, someone has to guide the sales process – and you excel at this.
You haven’t sold just any product, you’ve sold information security products. It’s a tangled, messy market with confusing, overlapping messages and frequently unclear value propositions. “Market-leading, best-of-breed, next-gen Threat-tron 9000 with a live pew-pew map finds the badness, omg be afraid!” That's all fear-selling nonsense, and that is not how you do business.
Did you nod your head a few times while reading this? If so, we'd love to hear from you. You're our kind of seller.
What Expel can do for you
- We provide an opportunity to solve real business security problems with a Sales Done Right attitude
- We let you tap into a market space ripe for success with our offerings
- We connect you with cloud first companies who truly want to get better at information security and are eager to share their points of view.
- We offer you people and a company who want to deliver an outstanding solution, and to reach the right customers we need to be phenomenal at sales. We're all in it together.
- We'll give you experience in a startup environment with a team who truly cares about doing meaningful work.
- We provide a simple compensation plan that pays you well for closing deals and includes a strong accelerator when you overachieve.
What you can do for Expel
- Understand what Expel does and approach how it maps to your customers' business problems with a consultative mindset.
- Introduce Expel to the customers who believe in you and tell them what we do. Find where we fit from a cloud perspective and bring them onboard so we can help them together.
- As a full-cycle inside sales account executive, average 4 net new prospect meetings per week to be able to meet the annual meeting target of 200.
- Talk to new prospective customers. Begin to build your personal relationship with them as you tell them about Expel. If Expel fits, change them from prospects into customers.
- Qualify prospects based on their interest level in Expel’s cloud solutions and their ability to purchase by virtue of the buyer’s budget, authority, need, and timeline.
- Tell us what you learn as you explore the market. Help us understand where Expel fits, what we are missing, and how can we be better and ultimately, get to “yes” before “no”.
What you should bring with you
- A real passion for Sales Done Right - meaning consultative, customer-focused and based in transparency, honesty and integrity.
- An understanding of information security -- technologies, products and services; specifically cloud first security minded organizations.
- Experience working in a fast-growing, “scale up” environment.
- Comfortable working remotely, and asynchronously (you will be based out of your home office and will need strong prioritization/time management habits)
- Lots of creativity, passion and problem solving towards helping customers.
- An ability to talk to both business and technical buyers about what you’re selling - you don’t have to be an engineer, but you do need to understand what you sell.
- A Bachelor’s degree or a compelling story.
- 3+ years of professional experience, with at least 1 in information security sales.
We're looking to hire in multiple territories across the United States.
At Expel, our employee benefits reflect our dedication to our crew. Unlimited PTO, equity for everyone, work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and excellent health benefits are some of the ways we care for our Expletives.
We're looking to hire Mid-Market Account Executives’ remotely.
We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer: You'll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.
Back to top