Lead Principal Engagement Manager
Our customers are on a journey and you are their sherpa. You get the complexities of balancing the delivery of information technology to a business while at the same time protecting that business from itself and its adversaries. Expel's goal is to create space for our customers to do what they love about security. Our mission is to understand what "create space" means and help and encourage them to achieve it.
We believe it’s important to "meet our customers where they are," whatever that might entail based on where they'd like to take their security. You help us achieve exactly this! A rich background with security technology and understanding of security operations will be invaluable as you form the bridge between our SOC and our customers. A penchant for throwing down the ideal meme at the right time in a shared Slack channel will earn you bonus points. And your ability to take everything you hear and make other parts of our business better will ensure you remain an invaluable member of our team.
As a Lead Principal Engagement Manager you provide leadership and guidance to a team of Engagement Managers as they execute on Expel’s mission. You provide day-to-day management to members of your team, including setting goals, reviewing deliverables and providing coaching.
Does any of this resonate with you? If so, we'd be delighted to hear from you! And if you’re thinking the chances of quotes like the one above won’t happen … ah, sorry to disappoint, but those are actual customer quotes.
What Expel can do for you
- Deepen your expertise in the security market and how organizations mitigate risk, execute strategy, and improve their security posture
- Provide hands on experience with industry leading security technologies and analysis methodology
- Provide opportunities to practice communication at technical, management, and executive audiences
- Extend your network of security leaders across a wide variety of industries
- Equip you with the time and opportunities to achieve some remarkable experiences for your next role at Expel or beyond
What you can do for Expel
- Provide day-to-day management for team members, including goal setting, 1:1s, performance reviews and mentorship.
- Ensure customer expectations are aligned with existing service delivery and roadmap
- Handle and maintain multiple customers and critical issues
- Develop and maintain a methodology to ensure strategic plans exist for all of Expel’s customers
- Drive accountability throughout the organization by continuously maturing organizational metrics that measure overall service delivery consistency and quality for daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly service obligations
What you should bring with you
- An understanding of the challenges affecting security programs today, and experience working through those challenges
- Knowledge of threat tactics, attacker techniques, and how to defend against them
- Experience hiring people into the organization and assessing skill sets accordingly
- Depth of experience using customer organizational structures to inspire change
- History of creatively finding non-obvious solutions to new or existing challenges
- Expertise in mentoring and coaching other team members
- Ability to travel up to 20%
At Expel, our employee benefits reflect our commitment to our crew. Unlimited PTO, equity for everyone, work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and excellent health benefits are some of the ways we care for our Expletives.
Our headquarters is in Herndon, Virginia. However, we realize that while there is a benefit to in-person interaction, good people don’t all live in Northern Virginia. Remote work is an option for this role.
We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer: You'll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.
Back to top