You know that feeling you get when you open up your email and read “you’ve been there for us every step of the way. The day all this kicked off is the day we realized value.” Goosebumps, I tell you! The phrase “exceeding customer expectations” doesn’t come closer to expressing how meaningful this is to you, and that’s why Expel would love to meet you.
Do you take customer ownership to heart and will you move mountains to ensure your customers are happy? Sure, there are mechanics like setting good expectations and keeping in touch on a regular basis, but the magic you’ve learned has more to do with active listening and conjuring solutions to problems your customers couldn’t figure out how to articulate in the first place.
We believe it’s important to "meet our customers where they are," whatever that might entail based on where they'd like to take their security. You help us achieve exactly this. A rich background with security technology and understanding of security operations will be invaluable as you form the bridge between our SOC and our customers. A penchant for throwing down the ideal meme at the right time in a shared Slack channel will earn you bonus points. And your ability to take everything you hear and make other parts of our business better will ensure you remain an invaluable member of our team.
If any of this resonates, we'd be delighted to hear from you! And if you’re thinking the chances of quotes like the one above won’t happen … ah, sorry to disappoint, but those are actual customer quotes.
What Expel can do for you
- Deepen your expertise in the security market and how organizations mitigate risk, execute strategy, and improve their security posture
- Extend your network of security leaders across a wide variety of industries
- Provide you a firm foundation based on excellent service delivery on which you can bolster your reputation in the industry
- Equip you with the time and opportunities to achieve some remarkable experiences for your next role at Expel or beyond
- Give you hands on experience with industry leading security technologies and analysis methodology
- Provide opportunities to practice communication at technical, management, and executive audiences
What you can do for Expel
- Listen patiently and ask insightful questions to help us understand how we can help our customers achieve their security goals
- Build relationships and coordinate across teams to make sure we’re all in sync as we continue to grow
- Be operationally diligent as we consistently meet every expectation we set, on time
- Distill trends from the data we collect to identify ways in which our customers can address the root cause of security problems they face
- Poke fun at our executives for their foibles so they don’t fall victim to hubris
What you should bring with you
- An unyielding desire to delight customers and inspire change
- Knowledge of security technologies (endpoint, network, & SIEM) and how they can be used to disrupt attackers and enable defenders
- An understanding of the challenges affecting security programs today, and experience working through those challenges
- Experience in a SOC environment as an analyst, sysadmin, or consultant/advisor is a major plus
- Experience applying the NIST Cybersecurity Framework or other framework to assess risk is helpful (but not required)
- Flexibility and an openness to new challenges because, hey, startup life
- Ability to travel up to 20%
At Expel, our employee benefits reflect our commitment to our crew. Unlimited PTO, equity for everyone, work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and excellent health benefits are some of the ways we care for our Expletives.
Our headquarters is in Herndon, Virginia. However, we realize that while there is a benefit to in-person interaction, good people don’t all live in Northern Virginia. Remote work is an option for this role.
We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer: You'll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.
Back to top