Content & Communications Specialist
- Herndon, VA
You know your audience and you’re always listening to learn more about what they want. You're not afraid to dive into technical content and shoulder surf with the analysts. You also know a thing or two about SEO: alternative text, title and header tags, keywords and outbound links are totally your jam.
Sparking a connection with your readers is what's most important to you. Sharing creative concepts and new insights that deliver 'aha’s' and even some 'heck yeah’s' puts a spring in your step. That's why you're passionate about crafting stories that are influential, visual, targeted and, most of all, answer your audience's top-of-mind questions and help them overcome the everyday challenges they're facing.
Do you love the energy in content brainstorming sessions? Have a favorite tool or two to prioritize and organize contributors, reviewers, reminders and publish dates? Get a high when you push a new video or blog post live?
If so, we need to meet! We're searching for a content marketer who can help us fuel connections with the InfoSec community. We want you to tell stories -- about the cool security incidents our analysts get to seek, the tips and tricks we've learned from combing through cloud logs, and more. And we’re doing it from different points of view in an effort to help our audiences get better at security, versus chasing the same old security clichés (Hackers in hoodies, right?!).
As the Content and Communications Specialist at Expel you’ll sleuth out new insights in partnership with our tech teams, bringing them to life and promoting them through our blog, social channels and avenues none of us (except you) have even thought of yet.
What Expel can do for you
- Let you bring to life topics, themes and issues that are largely ignored in the conventional tech marketing approaches other companies take
- Provide you access to an engaged and entertaining team of content contributors
- Provide you space to try new things and go where the story (and our audience) take you
What you can do for Expel
- Increase awareness of Expel by bringing alive the incredible insights, talent and expertise our employees have into words, pictures, videos and memes that resonate with our audience
- Be the idea generator, editor and producer for all kinds of Expel content, from blog posts to ebooks
- Build a network inside and outside of Expel to bring in new voices, accelerate content creation and then edit and polish them
- Try and fail...and try again. Experiment with new technologies, channels and techniques
- Find new places where Expel's specialists and our customers can speak; submit speaking requests and work with speakers around the company to develop and refine their presentations
- Measure, learn and continuously optimize our content and the programs used to promote it
- Be an internal advocate for our audience to make sure our content is high quality and something they’ll find useful
What you should bring with you
- Curiosity and a desire to learn about information security
- An ability to ask questions that collect unexpected answers
- Creative thinking balanced with the skill to pop into an Excel spreadsheet now and then to manage publishing schedules and analyze metrics
- Experience crafting marketing assets or writing copy
- Passion for writing and editing
- 3-5 years professional experience in a content marketing or communications role
- A Bachelor’s degree or a compelling story
At Expel, our employee benefits reflect our commitment to our crew. Unlimited PTO, equity for everyone, work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and excellent health benefits are some of the ways we care for our Expletives.
Our office is based in Herndon, Virginia. However, we will consider remote work for this position.
We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer: You'll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.
Back to top