Supervisor Relay & Control
- Vineland, NJ
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
This job is responsible for supervising a unit that is responsible for installation, maintenance and repair of complex protective relaying schemes, metering, and remote control and data systems in substations. Coordinates technical activities and leads, directs, and provides liaison for complex work. This position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for oversight and/or field technical training for the entire job family of Relay and Control Technicians. Directs employees engaged in work on protective relaying schemes, metering, remote control and data systems. Assures adequately qualified personnel to meet requirements by coordinating training and development with the Safety & Training Unit.
- Participates in planning major substation or plant construction projects. Reviews engineering drawings and recommends changes when appropriate; makes frequent field checks to maintain knowledge of new protective relaying schemes, metering, remote control and data systems; plans operational tests of new protective relaying schemes, metering, remote control and data systems. Establishes close liaison with all other units, sections and departments involved in construction and work to ensure coordination of work efforts and integrity of the electric system.
- Directs scheduled inspections, tests and calibration of protective relaying schemes, metering, and remote control and data systems.
- Coordinates utilization of employees, equipment, and vehicles to assure maximum effectiveness. Responds to system/equipment problems as consultant to field technicians.
- Directs investigations of trouble and initiation of corrective action on protective relaying schemes, metering, remote control and data systems.
- Recommends improvements and changes in existing practices, policies, methods and equipment.
- Assists workload planning coordinators with writing outages for all work (maintenance and capital) and reviews and plans daily work schedule with Field Coordinators.
- Implements productivity and quality controls and assure achievement of goals and compliance with OSHA, and other Federal, State, and local standards and requirements.
Supervises staff in a department. Works within prescribed operating procedures. Typically reports to Manager. Direct reports normally include entry-level exempt, non-exempt skilled and non-skilled craft and clerical.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field and 5 - 8 years related experience, OR High School Diploma (or equivalent) and 10 years of job related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of installation and testing of protective relaying, metering, automatic control and data communications systems, and post high school classes in AC/DC circuit theory.
- Working knowledge of mathematics up to and including trigonometry.
- Demonstrated ability to lead groups of employees on a day-to-day basis.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to be certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Valid driver's license and ability to meet Company driving standards.
- Demonstrated ability to use personal computers and associated software.
- Availability to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Back to top