Stationary Engineer (Grade 3) - Hunt Valley Site
- Gambrills, MD
At Exelon, we've got aplace for you!
Join the nation'sleading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricitygeneration portfolios and retail customer bases in the country.Youwill be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards ofpower generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery.Ourteam of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thoughtleadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse andinclusive workforce.
Exelon will provideyou the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successfulcareer. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employeesthrough competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirementbenefits.
Join Exelon and shareyour passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in aplace where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainabletomorrow.Energize your career at Exelon!
Location: HuntValley, MD
PRIMARY PURPOSE OFPOSITION
Constellation New Energyis seeking a candidate to full a position of stationary engineer at our steamplant facilities
PRIMARY DUTIES ANDACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Maintain safe working conditions: identifies, corrects and reports unsafe work areas. •
- Operate assigned plants as Stationary Engineer in compliance with published Company operating and safety policies/procedures.
- Assure water quality through the use of all prescribed water management procedures at assigned plants.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance and minor repair on plant equipment and air handling units as assigned.
- Maintain complete maintenance records and reports.
- Write and follow-up on work orders for identification and repair of plant equipment and air handling units.
- Maintain customer relationships with all customers served by assigned plants.
- Monitor assigned plant operations through various controls systems/technologies.
- Ability to be on-call and respond to emergency situations as necessary.
• Participate in and successfully complete allmandatory training to ensure compliance with published Company operating andsafety policies and procedures.
• Participate in and successfully complete allmandatory training to ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
• Operate and maintain assigned plants to assurethe safe, efficient, and continuous commodity supply to meet system demands.
• Good understanding of centrifugal chillers andequipment related to heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC)processes.
• Ability to effectively present information andrespond to questions from managers, and clients/customers.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Good knowledge in use of computer softwarei.e., word processing, spreadsheets.
• Ability to work effectively with a minimumlevel of supervision.
• Ability to define problems and deal with avariety of variables in situations by collecting data, establishing facts, anddrawing valid conclusions.
• Ability to complete all required paperwork anddocumentation in a correct and timely manner.
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
• Require minimum 3rd grade Maryland StationaryEngineer license.
• Desire five years experience in operatingcentrifugal chillers or five years or more of related experience or training;or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Desire related experience in productionfacilities, to include HVAC air handling units.
• Desire knowledge of Johnson Controls Metasyssoftware.
• Team player.
• Customer focus.
• Integrity and trust.
• Well organized.
• Ability to solve difficult problems.
• Results oriented.
• Communication skills.
• Interpersonal skills.
• Handle multiple priorities.
• Priority setting.
Other (including physical requirements, workingconditions, etc.):
• Must possess a valid driver's license and theability to operate a motor vehicle.
• Ability to climb and tolerate heights up to 75feet and to tolerate confined spaces.
• Ability to lift up to 65lbs.
• Must be able to enter confined spaces.
• Occasional travel requiring overnight stays.
Thepreceding position description is intended to provide the general nature andlevel of work to be performed by employees within this classification. Itis not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensivelisting of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required ofemployees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exactamounts of time an individual will perform various position duties
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer andemployees or applicants will receive consideration for employment withoutregard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classificationprotected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Back to top