Sr Veg Mgmt Program Manager (Arborist)
- Oak Brook, IL
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develop, implement, and evaluate team projects or programs, including process improvements. Develop business plans, project charters, and performance metrics in support of business objectives. Ensure organizational alignment with management models and principles and drive the integration of best practices. Perform various assignments including requests for financial and operational reports, data analysis and modeling, business planning, and/or performance measurement. Coordinate quality assurance and/or change management activities with internal and external personnel.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Lead development, implementation, and evaluation of projects, programs, and/or business initiatives. Provide requirements analysis, performance measurement, and quality assurance. Manage scope, schedule, and budget for organizational projects and programs.
- Coordinate and report on process/project/initiative assignments. Develop performance indicators and tracking mechanisms to monitor and report results. Prepare, review, and analyze reports, controls, and other financial & operational information for specific projects and initiatives.
- Coordinate work plans to implement corrective actions that are identified as a result of performance assessment.
- Support the establishment of business plans and objectives across multiple areas / departments. Coordinate with stakeholders on the development of business cases and prioritization of deliverables.
- Lead change management activities for projects, programs, and initiatives. Develop and implement training of employees and external personnel for new processes and procedures. Develop and implement effective business readiness procedures.
- Participate in process improvement task forces. Provide benchmarking analysis. Prepare status reports to leadership.
- Understand business processes and provide guidance for end users. Provide day-to-day client support and conduct diagnostics as necessary to ensure optimal performance. Assist and advise other personnel with responses to internal and external inquiries.
Manage ~$2M - $30M programs/projects designated by line item to achieve all program and corporate goals, and mandated requirements.
Manage the performance of program/project teams through indirect supervision of 100 to 300 contract field personnel.
Develop and implement innovative strategic initiatives that ensure continued reliability improvement and cost saving opportunities.
Ensure contractor activities are in alignment with all safety and quality expectations as outlined in contract terms & conditions.
Interface with internal and external key stakeholders including senior management, customers, governmental and regulatory officials.
- Bachelor's degree in technical / business related discipline and 5 - 8 years extensive field experience OR Associate's degree and 6-7 years field experience, OR HS Diploma and 9 - 12 years field experience required.
- Demonstrated experience leading craft and/or non-craft teams
- Demonstrated Program Management skills, writing skills and PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal, communications, customer relations, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in public speaking / presenting to a diverse audience
- Demonstrated strong budget management skills
- Demonstrated experience using critical thinking skills to solve complex problems
- Storm / incident experience
- Federal, state, and local regulatory and environmental compliance experience
- Demonstrated focus on providing premier customer experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical / business discipline
- Demonstrated utility and/or vegetation management experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of vegetation management strategic planning and execution
- International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborist Certification within 1 year of employment
- International Society of Arboriculture Certification (Utility Specialist) preferred OR
- State Forester License or ability to obtain if available in state
- Utility specific work management and financial software
- Knowledge of performance metrics; goal setting and attainment; programmatic adjustments
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Back to top