Sr Training Specialist (Testing/Relay Protective Systems)
- Baltimore, MD
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Senior Training Specialist is a content expert and/or training process expert who develops and delivers training that integrates business processes with skills and knowledge required for employees to safely and effectively perform job duties. Provides coaching and guidance to Training Specialist and Associate Specialist, as well SME Adjunct Instructors. The Senior Training Specialist, in a craft delivery position, partners with Engineering and Methods organizations to research and develop standards, procedures and processes for the business.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Deliver Technical Training content required for new hire and incumbent employees to perform job duties safely and in accordance with Delivery procedures and fundamentals.
- Design, develop and maintain complex technical training materials utilizing the systematic approach to training from the analysis phase through evaluation
- Partner with the Line Curriculum Review Committees and Joint Union Management Training committees to determine the technical requirements and priorities for training programs.
- Collaborates with Line and Training contacts to develop innovative and effective performance improvement solutions.
- Evaluate training effectiveness through appropriate student evaluation and post training effectiveness evaluations making modifications to the program design to increase program efficiency. Utilize the Learning Management System and perception to document training activities.
- Manage large-scale training projects.
POSITION SCOPE The Senior Training Specialist is responsible for timely development and delivery of training to meet customer requirements. The Senior Training Specialist will model and reinforce the expectations of line management in the conduct of all training activities and provide direct feedback to line and training supervision if employee performance does not meet expectations. ; Travel may be required for Training related activities.
- Bachelors degree in Business or related AND 5 - 8 years related business experience, or in lieu of Bachelors degree, a minimum of 9 - 12 years relevant business experience is required.
- Demonstrated written, verbal communications and presentation skills
- Strong observation, evaluation, coaching and feedback skills
- Computer skills in Windows and business applications.
- Experience testing and/or commissioning protective relay systems in electrical substations
- Experience with electromechanical protective relay testing
- Experience with digital and solid state protective relay testing
- Experience with digital and analog substation metering systems
- Experience with substation Remote Telemetry Units (RTU's) and serial data communications
- Experience with digital control logic
- Strong mathematical competency including algebra and trigonometry
- Advanced understanding of AC and DC electrical theory concepts
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Back to top