Sr. Systems Engineer
- Baltimore, MD
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Candidate will possess the experience and skills to serve and support in a role within the Exelon IT organization by providing technical guidance and insights to project managers and stakeholders regarding IT system solutions being deployed within the enterprise environment. Must possess ability to design and drive fundamental IT system initiatives and projects, [to include both cloud, non-cloud and hybrid-cloud models].
The Sr. Systems Engineer will be expected to provide technical expertise to support delivery and maintenance of IT solutions supporting Exelon. Must have the ability to evaluate IT infrastructure and application solutions and make recommendations for supporting application and data workloads within various hosting models. Demonstrate skills for basic design, configuration and deployment of, current hosting services to support virtual hosting technologies, software defined datacenter technologies, hyper-converged datacenter hardware solutions, and software tools. This role will work in collaboration with other IT teams, their leadership, enterprise business partners, vendors and project/design teams, in all aspects of the secure & reliable hosting of applications throughout Exelon's large & complex enterprise and real time operational environments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Participate in IT assessments of various designs, validating the design of various vendors. Assist with providing guidance and recommendations to leadership within these areas. Support technical discovery sessions with vendors and customers. Support business projects, planning, maintenance, and IT systems design for one or more major business units. Participate in the design, configuration, deployment, and day to day maintenance and operation of [cloud based] systems and assist with the migration of existing applications to new [cloud] hosting platforms. Provide basic level IT systems engineering, design and operation consultation with leadership, project teams and end users to identify system requirements and perform feasibility analysis on potential changes related to security and technical architectures.
- Work closely with others to assist development of future plans, resource requirements, migration strategies, and project schedules. Provide input into presentations and/or Engineering and Architecture Review Boards. Participate in potential refactoring, refresh, or redesign required during [cloud] migrations. Create documentation to install, replace, and upgrade [cloud] components and other application hosting solutions. Understand the current technologies and service offerings within the industry. Contribute to requirement documents, SOW, logical & physical architecture diagrams, and implementation plans to integrate in business environments.
- Provide product & service evaluation, testing, lab and mockup solutions as needed. Serve as a resource [in the Hybrid Cloud enterprise journey] encompassing ongoing architecture, design, planning, configuration, implementation, testing, operation and documentation of the enterprise IT systems hosting environment. Participate in assigned IT projects and deployments and ensure solutions are delivered to meet business requirements. Responsible for engineering, implementing and supporting solutions at the component level, including hands-on configuration, troubleshooting and optimization and supporting metrics for the same.
- Provide feedback to leadership and peers to risks identified during business impact analysis, site risk assessments and disaster recovery planning. Design, support and maintain custom system integration with other platforms, specific to the needs of the customers. Maintain relevancy and knowledge in current and evolving emerging IT systems technologies.
- Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within discipline or function.
- Position interacts with all levels of employees, including executives, vendors, involved in the design, connectivity, maintenance, review, approval, testing and communication of business plans.
- Position has expertise in Microsoft and or Oracle technologies
- Position has hands-on competency in platform or application area of expertise, and tools/systems associated with these functions.
- Work under supervision and oversight.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Networking
- At least 5 years' experience working directly with Active Directory, IT infrastructure design, application design, [cloud computing], disaster/recovery, or comparable professional job experience.
- Demonstrated presentation and project management skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one engineering domain such as storage, compute, database, collaboration, application design, [cloud hosting and related technologies]
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Active Directory Microsoft Certification
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Back to top