Sr. Systems Engineer
- Baltimore, MD
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Manages activities relating to planning, designing, building, and maintaining high quality solutions, products and processes. Creates and assigns detailed tasks to subordinates. Has budget responsibility for a small project, sub-project or process component.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Performs computing delivery system integration, hardware and software installation, configuration and disposition of servers and workstations to support the architecture.
- Provides problem resolution and technical support for delivery systems.
- Provides support for the design, validation and configuration management of computing delivery systems.
- Administers user's system access to meet security requirements.
- Monitors system performance to support capacity planning, backup and disaster recovery planning.
- The individual will be required to manage installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of hardware and software to ensure 99% availability for all system users.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related disciplineand typically 5 to 8 years of experience in Information Technology orequivalent combination of education and work experience
- Knowledge and experience supporting and administeringReal-Time Systems and SCADA applications,
- In-depth understanding of Linux and Windows operatingsystems
- Experience demonstrating skill implementing, operating,and maintaining databases such as Oracle, SQL Server
- Experience demonstrating programming skills and/orscripting languages such as C++,JAVA, PERL, shell scripts
- Experience monitoring, investigating, and troubleshootingsystems in a timely manner to ensure little to no effect on user's dailyfunctions
- Experience working with various vendors to repair andrecover hardware or software failures
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writinghighly technical information in nontechnical terminology
- Understanding of change management principles associatedwith new technology implementations
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Knowledge and experience supporting and administeringSCADA systems, experience with GE XA/21 or GE Power-On Reliance EnergyManagement Systems product lines
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer andemployees or applicants will receive consideration for employment withoutregard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any otherclassification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Back to top