Sr Quant Analyst, Recovery & Analytics - BGE
- Baltimore, MD
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energyprovider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retailcustomer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies thatstrives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energysales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused onperformance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that comefrom a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resourcesyou need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are alsodedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive basesalary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at aforward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where youcan truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize yourcareer at Exelon!
Position is required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
This job has responsibility for proposing and developing new forecasting models, building accounts receivable health modeling infrastructure, designing and prototyping business and financial metrics, overseeing department operational and financial metric reporting, providing analytical support to Customer Financial Operations functions, and supporting business initiatives.
• Design and prototype new collections, credit, bad debt, operational risk metrics, and assist with the establishment of controls and monitoring activities
• Building the account receivable modeling infrastructure including the production models, automated reports, databases, job scheduling systems
• Provide quantitative analyses for Revenue Management functions, including collections and the credit groups. Work closely with all Customer Financial Operations functions, business owners, and IT on developing efficient reporting tools.
• Maintain and expand the existing reporting system, analytical tools, and databases which are used for measuring and analyzing revenue risks associated with the company's business practices. Participate in the SAS system architecture design and enhancements.
• Diligently pursue information and conduct research to understand accounts receivable risk modeling and risk mitigation techniques, introduce best business practices, and propose new modeling methodologies to support best practices
Providing analytical support for Management by addressing difficult problems with quantitative methods and providing manageable and useful solutions
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Leverage in-depth technical knowledge of predictive analytics, statistics, modelling techniques and simulation approaches to develop valuation, risk management, and pricing models.
2. Conduct research and produce proof-of-concept demonstration systems to test new quantitative modeling approaches and solutions to complex problems.
3. Translate quantitative and business concepts into efficient, robust, supportable system design and architecture.
4. Provide leadership, training, and mentorship to less experienced technical analysts on the team and in the organization.
5. Partner with IT to develop complex data structures and a business intelligence platform for reporting end user data mining.
6. Partner with stakeholder analytics teams across the enterprise to expand the use and gather feedback on the models and systems.
7. Leverage quantitative modeling and simulation techniques (e.g., System Dynamics approach) to produce robust scenario analysis, in support of utility strategic planning and assess the impact of emerging technologies and other potential business disrupters to utility business model.
8. Provide input into the development of evaluation plans and critically review evaluation reports; contribute to broad discussions relating to policy issues for planning and evaluation; work effectively with independent evaluation contractors.
- Bachelor's degree in economics, quantitative finance, mathematics, physics, engineering or equivalent quantitative disciplines
- Minimum 5 years related experience including at least 3 years experience in financial or energy industry and at least 1 year of practical experience Fundamental understanding of credit, collection, and bad debt practices
- Demonstrated ability to perform responsibilities under time pressure with a high degree of accuracy, to prioritize multiple tasks effectively, build consensus, and adapt to evolving business needs
- A motivated self-starter and creative thinker with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision and collaboratively with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Substantive experience using programming languages or analytical packages commonly used in model development, such as C/C++, Matlab, R, SAS, and SQL
- Advanced degree
- Ability to link company strategy and the financial management implications
- Driven to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external partners
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to discuss technical subjects with a wide variety of audiences
- Strong leadership skills to promote team work, innovative thinking, and dedication
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Back to top