At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION Utilizing industry best practices, prepare bottoms up cost estimates for Substation, Transmission, Distribution and Gas projects. Perform field walk downs with Project Team to identify potential cost bearing issues at the project site which will impact the detailed estimate. Utilize most detailed documentation available per each phase of the project estimate (phase 1, 2 and 3) for continuous refinement of expected project costs. Develop and organize estimates and analysis for both internal and external use. Perform analysis of project actuals against latest estimates and incorporate results into estimating methodology to ensure continuous improvement of estimate accuracy. Contribute to the development of short-term and long-range business planning. Provide detailed process and cash flow based on estimate assumptions to aid in the development of the project baseline. Provide analytical and operational support to the business unit. Research and provide statistical estimate and performance information.
Manage estimating queue to ensure meeting estimating deadlines. Maintain and update labor and material cost / unit price database utilized for project estimate creation.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Support and contribute to the development of Phase 1, 2, and 3 project cost estimates in WBS format with all required assumptions that support development of current and LRP budgets. Prepare standard WBS estimates and assumptions with documentation of confidence factors ranging from study to construction phases of project.
- Conduct modeling, forecasting, trending, variance analysis, and other estimate-related financial and implementation analysis. Track, maintain, analyze and provide current estimating information on scorecard or key performance indicators (KPIs). Prepare, update and maintain standard material and labor unit costs to support estimate creation and database updates.
- Develop unit cost and parametric estimate range for standard scope of work. Continuously analyze and update parametric values reflecting current trends and costs.
- Update estimates for each phase approval with current documentation and meeting information. Conduct estimate peer reviews prior to estimate issuance. Perform engineering drawing reviews, general analysis and prepare reports to support business operations.
- Work with Project Managers to ensure that estimates are properly understood, challenged and reviewed. Prepare for and facilitate estimate challenge meetings with all stakeholders (Planning, Engineering, Project Manager, Construction Manager, etc.) to ensure that all stakeholders have had an opportunity to provide critical feedback.
- Prepare for and facilitate contractor estimate (or bid) challenge meetings. Prepare side by side analysis of estimates upon request to provide lessons learned and to generate parametric values.
- This is an individual contributor position that woks under general supervision and frequently performs non-routine work. This position is expected to resolve most questions and problems through interaction with internal and/or external stakeholders, executives, directors, managers, and staff across the organization, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels. The position regularly mentors less experienced colleagues.
- May require working extended hours and/or shift work to support business operations.
- Academic/Formal Training: Bachelor's degree in Business or Technical Field.
- Job Related/Experience: 5-8 years related related experience, or in lieu of Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 9-12 years relevant experience is required.
- Specialized Skills, Knowledge, License Requirements/Registrations, Etc.:
- Ability to build a high level or detailed estimate from a Project Diagram, detailed design, or verbal Scope of Work.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of management.
- Ability to facilitate project meetings with all stakeholders in office or field environment to develop a project estimate.
- Strong understanding of applicable standards, methods, processes and practices, business fundamentals, and performance metrics in the electric and gas, distribution, transmission, and substation areas.
- Strong understanding of design drawings and detailed engineering and construction prints. The ability to calculate job requirements from design documents, including quantities, resource hours, duration, limitations, etc.
- General proficiency in standard software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project), specialized business technologies and applications (e.g., workforce management, project management, Asset Suite 8, Brio, CIS, EPS, Business Objects, SAP planning, business modeling, forecasting, work management, outage management) to retrieve and analyze data in support of business needs. Expert understanding and ability in Excel, good understanding of WinEst (ComEd/PECO) and the estimating component of Asset Suite 8.
- Ability to provide detailed analysis and apply managerial accounting concepts, customer intelligence gathering, forecasting, staff planning, scheduling, analytical and statistical problem solving, financial, accounting, business and budget analysis.
- Advanced analytical skills for project evaluation including analysis of projects with economic, financial, risk and decision analysis. Ability to quickly estimate several scenarios to determine least cost technical solution.
- Customer driven with excellent oral and written communications skills and general analytical, problem solving and project management skills. Strong knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of performance analysis (trending, root cause and gap analysis) benchmarking and audit compliance.
- Ability to analyze organizational data and problems, interpret and recommend alternative courses of action, and implement intervention strategies to attain performance targets.
- Bachelor's degree with some relevant post-undergraduate coursework.
- 5-8 years estimating experience in electric / gas transmission, distribution, and substation industry.
- Professional estimating certification (AACEI, ASPE, or SCEA).
- Knowledge of or experience with estimating software.
- InEight Hard Dollar (software)
- Utility experience performing distribution, transmission or substation estimates.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster