Sr Engineer (Relay Protection Training) - ACE
- Vineland, NJ
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largestelectricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. Youwill be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards ofpower generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team ofoutstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership,innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusiveworkforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build andenhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success ofour employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health andretirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company.Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter,more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develops and/or leads teams in studies, plans, criteria,specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, performanceassessments, integrated systems analysis, cost estimates, budgets, associatedwith the planning, design, licensing, construction, commissioning, operation,and maintenance of Exelon's electric generation, transmission, distribution,gas and telecommunication facilities/systems. Provides consultation andrecommendations to the Company within and to other business units and/orcustomers as a result of studying company or customer-owned systems, processes,equipment, vehicles or facilities. Reviews financial data from budget andactual costs of projects. Provides technical expertise to strategic,legislative and operational decisions. Participates in creating, updating, and applyinginternal/industry standards and technology in a specialized area of expertise.Trains and mentors others.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Deliver Technical Training content required for new hire and incumbent Relay, Communications, and Engineering employees to perform job duties safely and in accordance with Power Delivery procedures and fundamentals.
Design, develop, and maintain complex technical training materials associated with the Relay, Communications, and Engineering training curriculum utilizing the systematic approach to training.
Leads and performs assignments in specialized areas requiring extensive engineering expertise. Requiring maintaining state of the art engineering credential in the specialized technical area.
Leads and performs engineering tasks and projects associated with a critical or analytical engineering project or a small number of complex projects that require specialized knowledge in many areas, may include field testing troubleshooting, and peer review. Manage large-scale training projects.
Performs assignments while acting independently, and may lead multi-discipline teams, may include providing direct oversight of contractors.
Serves as an expert in specialized area.
Evaluate training effectiveness through appropriate student evaluation and post training effectiveness evaluations making modifications to the program design to increase program efficiency. Utilize the Learning Management System and perception to document training activities.
Provides recommendations to management and implements action plans to improve performance and cost effectiveness.
Participates in technical and industry societies and committees to enhance knowledge of new technologies or issues in areas of company interest, make recommendations for business decisions regarding strategy for new technologies and/or engineering techniques and tools.
1. Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer (2) (3)
• Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems.
• Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory.
• Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
2. Eight or more years of professional engineering experience (1) (3) (See Note
3. Thorough knowledge and experience in unique areas of engineering expertise.
4. Detailed knowledge of applicable standards, codes methods, and practices unique to areas of expertise.
5. Ability to apply advanced engineering principles to identify and resolve complex issues.
6. Minimum of three related career experiences (4) (i.e., changes in technical job responsibilities, which may or may not include a change in department) OR
7. Lead Member of a recognized industry committee OR
8. Professional Engineer's License (2), advanced technical degree, MBA or Project Management Certification
1. Graduate degree (1) or Graduate level work in Engineering, Business Administration or Project Management Certification
2. Licensed Professional Engineer (2) (3)
3. Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels.
4. Strong written and oral communication skills.
5. A working knowledge of analysis software packages such as CYMDIST, PSSE, Python, PSCAD, MATLAB, etc.
6. Ability to analyze industry wide trends and implement enhancements.
(1) Master's degree in Engineering reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year.
(2) License must be issued by the state in which you are practicing.
(3) PE License reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year.
(4) Career related experiences is defined as changes in technical job responsibilities and does not have to include a change in department
Note: Items (1) and (3) are mutually inclusive, whereby the maximum experience requirement reduction is one (1) year (e.g., in the case of an employee with both a master's degree in Engineering AND a PE license, the minimum experience requirement would be reduced by one (1) year).
• Influencesproject decisions having a significant impact on the company.
• Appliestechnical knowledge to help promote a safe work environment and to enhancecustomer satisfaction
• Minimumof 5 years' experience in installation and testing of protective relaying,metering, supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) communicationssystems, and protective equipment.
• Abilityto carry equipment up to 50 lbs.
• Abilityto be certified in CPR and First Aid.
• Meetcompany driving standards.
• Workingknowledge of advanced Power System Analysis and System Protection fundamentalsas well as Mathematics up to and including Trigonometry.
• Abilityto apply AC/DC circuit theory and analysis in troubleshooting relay and controlsystems.
• Demonstratedability to operate computer and associated relay software.
• Supportfield work associated with OJT training.
Exelon is proud tobe an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender,national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protectedveteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, orlocal law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Back to top