At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Performs advanced technical/engineering problem solving in support of nuclear plant operations while acting as a resource and technical expert to engineers. Responsible for technical decisions. Possesses excellent knowledge in functional discipline and its practical application and has detailed knowledge of applicable industry codes and regulations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide in-depth technical expertise to develop, manage and implement engineering analysis, activities and programs.
- Provide technical expertise and consultation through direct involvement and as a subject matter expert when consulted to identify and resolve equipment and system problems.
- Directly fulfill engineering and technical leadership accountability regarding short-term and long-term programs that impact site operations.
- Perform engineering tasks as assigned by supervision applying engineering principles.
- Accountable for the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of work ensuring proper configuration management and assuring that standard design criteria, practices, procedures and codes are used in preparation of plans and specifications.
- Perform independent research, reviews, studies and analyses in support of technical projects and programs.
- Recommend equipment, new concepts and techniques to improve performance, simplify construction, reduce costs, correct design or material flaws, or comply with changes in codes or regulations.
Possesses specialty skills and performs advanced tasks independently with minimal supervisory review. Performs engineering tasks independently and actively impart expert knowledge to others. Higher level of accountability than an Engineer 3. Must be able to manage and implement engineering analysis and technical programs. Has wide latitude to make technical decisions within accountabilities.
Department Specific Roles/Responsibilities:
Design Engineering (Central Design Organization)
Defend the plant design and licensing basis. Preparation and approval of design outputs and plant changes in accordance with approved processes and design requirements. Support installation and testing of plant systems and components and facility changes. Ensure the plant's physical and functional characteristics are accurately reflected in the plant documents. Perform engineering analysis to support plant changes at all Exelon nuclear stations. Support development of modification resource plans and budgets. Coordinate with the project manager/issue owner, installer and stakeholders to install, test and turnover modifications. Support related engineering programs and functions including the corrective action program and training.
- B. S. in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer Minimum of 7 years' experience with 1 year as an Engineer 3
- 7or more years' solid performance (last year in top half of Engr 3 band) with demonstration of FLS competencies
- Commercial Nuclear Power Plant Experience
- Professional Engineer Registration
- Advanced technical degree or related coursework
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster