Section Engineer-Distribution Engineering - Delaware
- Rehoboth Beach, DE
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION Develops and/or leads teams of employees or contractors in studies, plans, criteria, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, integrated systems analysis, associated with the testing, commissioning, planning, design, licensing, construction, operation, and maintenance of Exelon's electric generation, transmission, distribution, gas, telecommunication, P&C communication, facilities/systems. Provides consultation and recommendations to the Company within and to other business units and/or customers as a result of studying company or customer-owned systems, processes, equipment, or facilities. Acts as recognized technical authority in a specialized engineering area which may involve witnessing of Factory Acceptance Tests.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Leads highly technical consultation and training through OJT/OJE (may include some class room instruction as well) on highly complex and unique technical areas requiring the application of advanced engineering principles and may require advanced knowledge of complex analog and digital field test equipment.
- Evaluates complex technical issues that require highly specialized knowledge in very specific areas and recommends actions or programs for their resolution which may necessitate the review/evaluation of engineering design documents.
- Leads the work activities of project teams and others on the implementation of large specialized technical projects and/or programs in order to develop studies, proposals, commissioning plans to support safely energizing and placing major utility and customer systems and equipment On System.
- Participates in technical and industry societies and committees to enhance knowledge of new technologies or issues in area of company interest.
- Participates in department/project management planning, and monitor performance for the accomplishment of committed results.
- Acts as an expert witness and provide expert opinions for internal committees.
- Highly influential on strategic management decisions that can have a major impact on the company.
- Support/Lead employees and or contractors in the execution of plans developed to initially energize utility or customer equipment/systems and placed On System.
- Set direction for the organization in regards to technical issues.
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work environment and to enhance customer satisfaction
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline with at least 9 years of professional engineering experience. (1) (3) (See Note)
- Completed Assignments and Projects showing evidence of:
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory.
- Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with regulations, guides, standards, codes, methods, practices, and advanced engineering principles.
- Advanced knowledge of latest technologies necessary to perform a variety of specialized unique or complex assignments for various installation types of services.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the work activity of others.
- Master of Science degree in Engineering (1) or Licensed Professional Engineer (2) (3)
- Industry expert who participtes or leads industry committee or working groups or has published technical documents.
(1) Master's degree in Engineering reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year.
(2) License must be issued by the state in which you are practicing.
(3) PE License reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year.
Note: Items (1) and (3) are mutually inclusive, whereby the maximum experience requirement reduction is one (1) year (e.g., in the case of an employee with both a master's degree in Engineering AND a PE license, the minimum experience requirement would be reduced by one (1) year.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Back to top