Principal Rate Analyst, PHI
- Washington, DC
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Coordinates, develops, prepares, and reviews analyses addressing revenue requirements, cost of service, rate design, and pricing of retail electric services, including the evaluation of impacts on the Company and its customers. Actively participates in rate-related regulatory proceedings, including expert witness activities. Recommends, creates, and coordinates the development of revenue requirements as well as new tariffs and revisions to existing tariffs for the provision of retail electric services, and provides guidance, instruction, and support to various parties with respect to the application of the Company's tariffed services. Advises the Director - Regulatory Strategy and Revenue Policy on matters related to revenue requirements, rate economics, administration, and the need for new or revised tariffs.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Coordinates, develops, performs, and reviews analyses for rate design and related tariffs of retail electric services, including evaluation of impacts on the Company and its customers, to ensure appropriate recovery of the Company's costs in providing retail tariffed services, using financial and strategic policy knowledge and analytical skills.
2. Recommends, creates, and coordinates the development of distribution and transmission revenue requirements, class cost of service and rate design for retail electric services, using knowledge of the financial and operational requirements of providing such services and organizational and written communication skills.
3. Actively participates in rate-related regulatory proceedings, including expert witness, testimony preparation, data request response, and other information provision activities, using financial and strategic policy knowledge and written and oral communication and organizational skills.
4. Coordinates and evaluates the development, performance, and review of jurisdictional and class cost of service studies, using financial and strategic policy knowledge and analytical skills.
5. Provides functional direction, leadership, instruction, and guidance to others within the department and on project teams, using team leadership, judgment, and communication skills.
6. Develops and prepares, for parties within and outside the Company, presentations and responses to inquiries regarding revenue requirements, class cost of service, rate design, and application of retail electric service tariffs using expert knowledge and communication and organizational skills.
7. Reviews and provides quality assurance for the preparation of information and analyses produced by others within the department using analytical and attention to detail skills.
BA or BS degree
8-10 years relevant experience OR in lieu of Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 12-14 years of relevant experience is required.
Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation programs
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Excellent analytical and organizational skills
Ability to work independently and in team settings with minimal supervision
Degree in engineering, business, economics, or financial discipline
Experience in utility environment in areas related to finance, regulatory activities, or retail rate application
Experience as an expert witness in regulatory proceedings
- Day to day supervisory responsibilities are project and functional in nature and include the provision of guidance and oversight to the department's staff with respect to work related to the preparation, distribution, and filing of cost of service studies, tariffs and reports. Work leadership involves providing functional direction, expert guidance, and support to others, and reviewing others' work.Work is diversified and complex in nature. Work involves the understanding and application of financial concepts and Company regulatory policies. Work also involves the application of expert judgment, initiative, and ingenuity. Work often involves the need to complete important assignments under severe time constraints and changing conditions. Work includes the mathematical design and development of retail electric rates to recover the Company's costs to provide service from various customer groups in an equitable fashion. Work includes the creation, revision, and review of tariff language, testimony, data request responses, contracts, legal briefs, regulatory orders, and internally and externally distributed informational and instructional tariff-related material. Work includes active participation in regulatory proceedings, including consultant and expert witness activities.
- Work includes contact with people that are internal and external to the Company. Work involves the application of interpersonal, expert judgment, and functional direction skills in team and consultant activities. Work includes the provision of expert opinions and advice to internal and legal counsel and others during the course of regulatory proceedings. Work includes interaction with members of the public utility commission staff (e.g., the Maryland Public Service Commission Staff) and other parties involved in the electric utility industry.
- Work involves the use of computer word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications.
- Work is subject to periodic review.
- Work is almost entirely confined to an office setting.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Back to top