Principal Project Manager, Energy Efficiency
- West Chester, PA
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Principal Project Manager plans, directs, leads, and coordinates activities of designated projects (large in scope) to ensure that goals and/or objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Responsible for completing projects under or on-budget and on-schedule. Ability to lead a project team. Develops subcontract and procurement documentation, including scope of work, equipment/material lists, and specifications. Negotiates subcontract and procurement terms and conditions with assistance from senior personnel and legal counsel.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Bachelor of Science degree in a related engineering discipline (e.g., electrical, mechanical), and 10+ years of related work experience in construction management or project management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess, at minimum, OSHA 30 certification.
- Experience in handling high volume and fast paced projects where tactful leadership and cooperation are crucial to cost-effective operation.
- Experience managing successful projects in the State and Federal Government sectors.
- Experience with construction law, contract terms & conditions and the enforcement of them.
- Experience at preparing estimates and value engineering.
- Must be proficient in project scheduling and the use of scheduling software, such as MS Project and Primavera P6.
- Experience in directing, supervising, training employees, assigning and directing work, conducting performance appraisals, disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving personnel problems.
- Expertise in all financial and GAAP accounting aspects of project management.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- All candidates must have the ability to professionally speak, read and write English
- Excellent understanding of engineering and construction documents and processes
- Expertise in engineering and construction methodology and the associated financial aspects. A PMP credential is preferred.
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of cost estimating and budget projections
- Experience in dealing with a large and diverse number of problems, often simultaneously
- Ability to review schematic drawings and understand mechanical, electrical, plumbing and architectural plans and specifications
- Working knowledge and practical experience dealing with Distributed Generation and Micro-grid products, such as Solar, CHP, Fuel Cell, Back-up Generation, Battery Storage and CNG.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Back to top