Principal Mechanical Development Engineer, Energy Efficiency
- West Chester, PA
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Leads the identification and development of viable Commercial & Industrial and/or Federal sector energy services and energy asset projects initiated by the sales force or developed independently. Provides technical and financial analysis of energy conservation measures and energy supply for projects under consideration. Evaluates energy saving opportunities at customer facilities. Participates in the process of securing new customers by building business relationships. Assumes active support roles in the sales and bid process, and installation phase. Acts as liaison between the Sales and Project Management teams.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Requires substantial time at various projects locations.
- Requires frequent (30%) overnight travel to customer facilities, may include auto, air, rail travel.
- Move autonomously, walking and standing for long periods, hearing, seeing, reading, and writing.
- Work independently and with people, speaking in front of groups and with individuals, customers, management, engineers, subcontractors, manufacturers, and suppliers, etc.
- Grasp, reach, feel, and finger dexterity.
- Operate a motor vehicle.
- Work both indoors and outdoors, in hot or cold conditions, and around construction project sites.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in engineering and/or business-related discipline and 8 years of relevant work experience in the evaluation and implementation of energy conservation projects with technical solutions at customer site locations.
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration, Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and/or LEED Accreditation preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop complex energy conservation saving projects.
- Detailed knowledge of heating, ventilating, air conditioning (HVAC), electrical systems, and process related systems in commercial, industrial, governmental, hospital, and laboratory buildings.
- Experience in developing energy conservation projects involving renewable energy technologies, large prime movers such as combustion turbines, biomass and landfill gas facilities.
- Knowledgeable of the steps required for project commissioning.
- Experience in the development of customer proposals, vendor agreements, and subcontractor contracts.
- Knowledge of and experience in energy conservation programs with the Federal Government through Super ESPC and/or Area-wide contract vehicles and with FEMP/IPMVP Measurement and Verification guidelines and protocols.
- Experience in customer presentations, including excellent writing skills.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with an entire project team to develop and present proposals, obtain customer buy-in, and help to transition smoothly to implementation.
- Proficiency on the use of computer-based applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and project database applications.
- Ability to perform load calculations and energy analyses using industry modeling software programs including Carrier Hourly Analysis Program, eQuest, and/or Trane Trace.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment (internal/external).
- Effective leadership skills.
- Must possess valid driver's license.
- May be subject to government security investigation
- Must meet eligibility requirements for access to government facilities.
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Back to top