Principal Engineer (PHI electric underground distribution systems)
- Washington, DC
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Will need to be able to travel to Washington DC area frequently for emergent work/outage assistance but can also have an "office" based out of Delaware.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Principal Engineer support maintenance of current PHI underground system standards, perform field operation support, integrate new technology, and develop the future strategy for underground system automation. The person in this role will have the technical authority over PHI underground system design, operation, and material selections.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The primary role of Distribution Standards Principal Engineer will include and not limited to:
• Design, acquire, and integrate of fully submersible underground equipment, material, and accessories by working with industry experts and vendors (Designing and selecting)
• Lead Underground Failure Analysis by providing guidance to Engineers and Engineering Techs
• Develop strategy for underground system automation
• Provide technical field support to Underground Operation related to the maintenance of Network system including review of protector settings
• Provide operational support during major underground outages by evaluating and recommending repair sequence, generator connection recommendation, and performing failure analysis
• Represent PHI at various industry standards and research organization to influence industry standard decisions
• Oversee different underground pilot programs and evaluation
- Master of Science degree in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory.
- Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
- Ten years or more of experience in specific areas of engineering and recognized industry expert (Requirement reduced by one year for Licensed Professional Engineer).
- Advanced knowledge and experience with regulations, guides, standards, codes, methods, practices, and advanced engineering principles.
- Advanced knowledge of latest technologies necessary to perform a variety of specialized unique or complex assignments for various installation types of services.
- Industry expert who participates or leads industry committee or working groups or has published technical documents.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- 10 years or more of field experience with electric undergrounddistribution systems.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Back to top