PEPCO E02 Project Cost Analyst- Edison Place Office Washington D.C.
- Washington, DC
AtExelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largestelectricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. Youwill be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards ofpower generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team ofoutstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership,innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build andenhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success ofour employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health andretirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company.Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter,more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OFPOSITION
Provide project controlscost engineering support to Directors, Manager of Projects, Project Managers,Sr. Project Cost Analysts, contractors and other key team members. Assistin the development and monitoring of annual budgets, actual and forecasted costs,and Long Range Plans for transmission, substation, distribution, and gas (PECOand BGE) projects and programs. Utilize multiple existing Exelon systems tosupport current and future work with respect to budgeting, financialforecasting, actual cost tracking, project authorization, work management,contracts, and material tracking. Provide broad analytical andoperational support to the business unit. Support the preparation ofcomprehensive reports to support business operations including reauthorizationrisk, forecast accuracy by Sr. Project Cost Analysts and Project Managers,program and department, CIAC forecast and analysis, contingency released andremaining, and others as requested.
Position may be requiredto work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energydelivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES ANDACCOUNTABILITIES
- Attend required meetings and reach out to project stakeholders for detailed project information. Identify project/program budget, forecast, and authorization issues early and assist in developing resolutions to meet project metrics.
- Assist in the development and continued monitoring of the budgets and LRPs for transmission, sub-station, distribution, and gas (PECO and BGE) projects and programs. Monitor, track, and report project budgets, forecasts, accruals, and actuals
- Track project and program financial risks and opportunities and provide detailed analysis of variances to budget, quarterly plan, and month over month variance analysis. Support project management at resulting financial challenge meetings.
- Develop, organize, and present project and program performance reports for both internal and external use. Participate in monthly forecasting and accrual meetings with Sr Project Cost Analysts and Project Managers.
- Participate in monthly forecasting and accrual meetings with Sr. Project Cost Analysts and prepare monthly project accruals and journal entries for project manager review and submittal to Finance department before submittal to Finance group, reporting variances and issues to both the project management and project controls leadership.
- Analyze project actual and forecast data accuracy to ensure compliance with annual internal and external Sarbanes Oxley Audits.
- Support the management of the vendor forecasting process which is used as a source of input for both forecasting and accruals by Project Controls.
- Provide support to Sr. Project Cost Analysts and Project Managers for presentations and forms required for project authorization.
- Academic/Formal Training:Bachelor's degree in Business or Technical Field.
- Job Related/Experience:2 - 5 years related experience, or in lieu of Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 6 - 9 yearsbusiness experience is required.
Specialized Skills,Knowledge, License Requirements/Registrations, Etc.:
- Comprehensive understanding of applicable standards, methods, processes and practices, business fundamentals, and performance metrics in the specific functional area supported by this position (e.g., asset management, electric or gas operations, customer service, transmission and substation, distribution system operations, regulatory and external affairs, transmission operations and planning).
- Ability to provide in-depth analysis and apply forecasting, analytical and statistical problem solving, financial, accounting, and budget analysis.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills for project financial evaluation and risk identification and mitigation.
- Customer driven with strong oral and written communications skills and strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the financial / cost analyst practices, procedures and principles of performance analysis (trending, root cause and gap analysis) benchmarking and audit compliance.
- Ability to analyze organizational data and complex problems, interpret and recommend alternative courses of action, and implement intervention strategies to attain performance targets.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills for project evaluation including analysis of complex projects with economic, financial, risk and decision analysis.
- Financial advanced degree.
- 2-5 years project cost tracking experience in electric / gas transmission, distribution, and substation industry
- Advanced proficiency in standard software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel,Access, PowerPoint, Project), specialized business technologies and applications (e.g., , project management, WPT, Asset Suite 8, , CIS, EPS, , forecasting, ) to retrieve and analyze data in support of business needs
- Proficient in business case development and ability to effectively present business cases to business unit leadership.
This is an individualcontributor position that works independently with only general direction,relying on knowledge skills and judgment acquired through education andrelevant experience to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals.Position requires routine interaction with key internal and externalstakeholders, executives, directors, managers and staff across theorganization. May require working extended hours and/or shift work to supportbusiness operations.
Exelonis proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants willreceive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability,gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal,state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO isthe Law Poster
Back to top