Engineer-Exelon Power (Renewables)
- Cumberland, MD
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide technical direction and guidance to site operations and maintenance staff for assigned discipline. The position involves system and equipment troubleshooting, design changes, root cause analysis, environmental and regulatory compliance support, performance monitoring, and defining outage work and maintenance priorities. Disciplines include: turbine / rotating equipment, I&C, electrical, substation / Balance of Plant, RTU, SCADA, plant performance. Other technical disciplines and duties depending on location and assignment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide technical support to plant operations and maintenance
- Provide system / component troubleshooting and root cause analysis investigation
- Provide technical support in meeting environmental and regulatory compliance (NERC, Regional ISO, etc)
- Define outage work scope and contribute to DCP and engineering work packages as necessary
-Works with central based Program and Reliability Engineers towards improving system and component reliability and cost effectiveness
- Manage small projects, including installation oversight, and acceptance testing oversight
- Interface with plant asset OEM's/contractors to optimize equipment material condition and incorporate recommendations
- Prepare reports, procedures, proposals and all other duties as required/assigned.
BS in Engineering with 2 plus years professional experience
Knowledge of applicable discipline codes and standards
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including written and verbal
Strong computer skills including knowledge and proficiency in MS Office Suite products
- PE License
- MS or MBA
- Process Historian (PI), Work Management Systems (Passport), and CAD experience
- Power Generation experience
- Advisor role, reports to Operations Manager- No direct reports
-Travel as required, 50% or more of time as needed
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Back to top