At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energyprovider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retailcustomer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies thatstrives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energysales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused onperformance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that comefrom a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resourcesyou need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are alsodedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive basesalary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at aforward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where youcan truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize yourcareer at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Performs advanced technical/engineering problemsolving in support of nuclear plant operations. Responsible for technicaldecisions. Possesses excellent knowledge in functional discipline and itspractical application and has detailed knowledge of applicable industry codesand regulations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide in-depth technical expertise to develop, manage and implement engineering change packages and analyses.
- Provide technical expertise and consultation through direct involvement in modification projects.
- Provide complete task management of engineering issues.
- Perform engineering tasks as assigned by supervision applying engineering principles.
- Accountable for the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of work ensuring proper configuration management and assuring that standard design criteria, practices, procedures and codes are used in preparation of plans and specifications.
- Perform independent research, reviews, studies and analyses in support of technical projects and programs.
- Recommend innovative solutions to improve technical products an governance to deliver best quality, schedule, cost and risk reduction while retaining correct design and code/regulation compliance.
Possesses specialty skills and performs advancedtasks independently with minimal supervisory review. Performs engineering tasksindependently and actively imparts knowledge to others. Higher level ofaccountability than an Engineer 2B. Must be able to manage and implementengineering analysis and technical programs. Has wide latitude to maketechnical decisions within accountabilities.
Department Specific Roles/Responsibilities:
Defend the plant design and licensing basis.Preparation and approval of design outputs and plant changes in accordance withapproved processes and design requirements. Support installation and testing ofplant systems and components and facility changes. Ensure the plant's physicaland functional characteristics are accurately reflected in the plant documents.Perform engineering analysis to support plant changes. Providemechanical/chemical lead engineer or supporting engineer services to assignedprojects. Adhere to project management and CDO project control processesand guidance.
- B. S. in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer and 5+ years' engineering experience
- 5 or more years' solid performance with last two in top half of Engr 2 band
- Demonstration of FLS competencies
- Qualified or recently qualified Exelon Nuclear Engineering Support Personnel, with N-AN-ENG-CERT-DG01 and N-AN-ENG-CERT-DG03 qualification
- Professional Engineer Registration
- Advanced technical degree or related coursework
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunityemployer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race,religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or anyother classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster