Energy Efficiency Sales Executive, Constellation
- Pittsburgh, PA
At Exelon,we've got a place for you!
Join thenation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largestelectricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. Youwill be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards ofpower generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team ofoutstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership,innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusiveworkforce.
Exelon willprovide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance asuccessful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of ouremployees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health andretirement benefits.
Join Exelonand share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establishyourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, moresustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
We are seeking a consultative, financially oriented, solutions-based Senior Sales Executive to identify and close customer focused energy efficiency and sustainability-based project solutions.
The Senior Sales Executive will proactively identify, qualify, develop, and close new business opportunities within a defined geographic territory and associated vertical market(s). The focus of this sales-based position is the development and implementation of integrated, performance-based energy and sustainability project engagements for existing facilities with a primary focus on school districts, higher education, healthcare, institutional, federal, state and local government.
The Senior Sales Executive is responsible for organic revenue generation by securing and delivering signed project engagements.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively engages prospects to articulate and position the overall value associated with an integrated, performance-based energy and sustainability-based project solution for customer facilities by aggressively qualifying the prospect and opportunity.
- Develops and implements market specific sales strategies and tactics focused on securing organic business with target accounts, prospects and key decision makers
- Leverages existing market contacts and relationships to drive direct and indirect prospecting and business development.
- Facilitates customer meetings clearly articulating and positioning Constellation's value proposition and areas of differentiation
- The ability to proactively motivate decision makers by developing and delivering compelling customer centric presentations.
- Establishes the overall sales strategy for each customer engagement. Horizontal management of all internal functional teams ensuring all project deliverables align with the established sales strategy while addressing the customer needs and expectations.
- Establish and maintain a sustainable sales pipeline of qualified opportunities aligning with achievement of annual sales quota
- Deliver signed project implementation contracts to achieve annual sales quota
- Develops the reputation as the Energy Efficiency and Sustainability Expert within your market through ongoing customer interaction and speaking opportunities combined with strategic participation in key trade shows, conferences, seminars, trade associations and networking opportunities.
- Documented history of developing and closingcomplex, solution based, financially oriented project engagements exceeding$10,000,000 in project-based revenue
- Direct sales experience successfully originatingnew business within at least one of the following industries: energyefficiency/sustainability, mechanical contracting (design/build), , consultingengineering, architecture, original equipment manufacturer, and/or financialservices
- Possesses an established "C" Level contact basewithin school districts, higher education, healthcare, institutional, federal,state or local government
- Ability to develop, cultivate, maintain andleverage contact networks and business relationships
- An expert in lead generation, prospecting, qualificationand opportunity cultivation
- Proficiency in penetrating and navigatingexecutive level stakeholders and decision makers
- Possess conceptual selling skills accompanied bya strong financial/business acumen
- Successful track record of effectivelydeveloping and managing a large sales territory
- Experience managing sales cycles in excess oftwelve (12) months
- Demonstrated success in originating, negotiatingand closing complex business transactions
- Excellent computer, written and oralcommunication skills
- Superior interpersonal and group presentationskills
- Ability to work independently not requiringdaily direction
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse workgroup and across corporate functional teams
The preceding position description is intended to providethe general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within thisclassification. It is not intended to bea detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of allduties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned tothis position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time anindividual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer andemployees or applicants will receive consideration for employment withoutregard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any otherclassification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Back to top