Business Development Manager
- United States
At Exelon, we've got a place foryou!
Join our Constellation team andbecome part of Exelon's competitive retail and wholesale energy business.
Constellation is the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one ofthe largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in thecountry. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the higheststandards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery.Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thoughtleadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse andinclusive workforce.
Our retail unit is among the largest and most comprehensive in the industrywith approximately 2 million customers served including over 90,000 C&Inatural gas customers that rely on our commitment to innovation, dependability,transparency, and service. Our wholesalebusiness serves utilities, municipalities and co-ops and features world-classrisk management and energy trading capabilities.
Exelon will provide you the toolsand resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We arealso dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitivebase salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company.Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, moresustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Business Development Manager (BDM) - Regional Gas position assists ondelivering Constellation's go to market strategy. The position primarilyfocuses on acquiring new business for our natural gas division utilizingConstellation's various products and services. The primary performanceobjectives are to meet or exceed their assigned new business origination andrenewal quota. The BDM conducts such duties as prospecting, meeting withcustomers, generating proposals, following up on marketing campaigns. Theposition will work closely with Account Managers and interact with otherinternal functional groups such as Operations, Supply, Sales Support,Legal/Contracts, Billing/Collections, and Commodities Management Group.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Acquire new business for Constellations natural gas division utilizingConstellation's products and services to meet or exceed assigned quota andrenewal quota.
- Working with Account Manager support, renew Customers to meet or exceedrenewal goals for originated customers.
- Manage and build strong professional relationships with customers andinternal stakeholders.
- Carry out sales related tasks suchas prospecting, generating proposals and supporting market campaigns.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Business (Marketing or Finance) or Engineering or other related area from an accredited four-year university.
- At least 5 years of experience in natural gas sales to C&I customers.
- Working knowledge of the gas industry, LDC's (and related tariffs) and pipelines.
- Ability to identify, prospect and contact decision makers in respective businesses and cultivate relationships.
- Excellent organization, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience presenting in front of groups and decision makers.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities as needed.
- Strong analytical, technical and strategic thinking skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and experience using SalesForce.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed to meet customers and internal stakeholders.
- Allcandidates must have the ability to speak, read and write English.
remote opportunity open to all locations
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Back to top