Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Workforce Specialist will be responsible for administrative workforce duties. This position will assist in creating and maintaining workforce management policies and procedures and will partner with the Training Manager to determine the most effective method of communicating changes to all associates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilizes workforce management tools for scheduling, tracking, monitoring and reporting of potential workforce issues; this includes, though is not limited to schedule adherence, personal/wrap time and service level and response time achievement.
- Creation and maintenance of necessary forms associated with the workforce team.
- Reporting numbers to leadership on weekly basis and by special request (e.g. adherence data, attendance occurrences, and Leave of Absences).
- Maintain organization of all workforce related files and forms in appropriate drives.
- Engage Training Manager and consistently update status on projects and workload in a daily/weekly format.
- Present information in meetings applicable to workforce management.
- Assist in training for new hires on workforce processes (e.g. New Employee Onboarding, New Hire Classes, etc.).
- Assist in training of new Workforce Associates on internal workforce systems and processes (e.g. Calabrio, occurrence notifications and tracking, etc.).
- Utilize workforce management software to generate new schedule and break sets as necessary for new hires. Activate and organize all new hire information.
- Assist with forecasting for staffing needs in relation to space and associate matters.
- Documents and maintains workforce management policies and procedures and partners with the Training Manager to communicate information as appropriate.
- Offer advice and guidance to members of Exact Sciences Laboratories as a first line of contact for workforce related issues, (e.g. scheduling and absentee information and training).
- Stays current with relevant guidelines and policies for medical devices (e.g., HIPAA, Medical Device Reporting, etc.).
- Monitor the workforce management mail box and report and seek advice from the Training Manager when necessary for decision making.
- Complete necessary absentee paperwork.
- Work with Training Manager and other Exact Sciences Laboratories Leadership to approve work exceptions and PTO time according to preset guidelines.
- Assists with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Reports to work on time, and follows attendance guidelines.
- Conducts all assigned job duties in a timely and productive manner.
- Performs all job duties according to Exact Sciences Laboratories policies and procedures.
Mandatory Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be 18 years of age or older and legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and persuasive skills.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of contact center operations including telephony and technology utilized to support workforce management functions.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities and work effectively in a diverse environment.
- Disciplined, self-motivated & reliable; able to stay focused on a task and work independently; motivated to perform quality work; diligent about arriving to work on time and completing tasks that are assigned in a timely manner.
- Possesses a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and build strong working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changing workload and circumstances effectively; able to respond to new information quickly.
- Professionalism: conducts themselves in a professional manner in all interactions with members of the Exact Sciences Clinical Laboratory team, clients and associates
Necessary Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED.
- 1-2 years of experience in a fast-paced workforce, scheduling or logistic capacity.
- Some college course work preferred but not required.
- Previous work within the health care industry is preferred but appropriate workforce experience in other fields may be considered.
- Previous work in a laboratory environment is preferred.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability to listen and speak on the telephone and write simultaneously.
- Ability to operate telephone system and computer keyboard and printer.
- Ability to lift and move 20-40 pounds on an occasional basis (up to 25% of time).
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email [email protected].
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Senior Manager, Accounting
As Senior Manager of Accounting for Exact Science’s Finance Team, Ashley’s main responsibilities are external financial reporting, maintaining a sound internal control structure, and administering the company’s stock plans.
Back to top