Vice President, Human Resources
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Vice President, Human Resources (VP HR) is responsible for leading and developing the teams managing the core functions of Human Resources at Exact Sciences. The core functions include talent management (HR business partners and client support), talent acquisition (recruiting) and HR operations. The leader is responsible for developing strategies and executing HR programs that are aligned with the culture and core values of the business while providing people-strategy insights into core operating processes for the business (such as annual operating plans and budgeting). The position is responsible for ensuring that the most effective talent is in the right place at the right time and that the HR core functions are executed by a high-performing, engaged team to enable the business to achieve its goals. This role contributes to the overall business strategy as a member of the functional leadership team and reports to the Senior Vice President, Human Resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively partner with the functional leaders across the business to drive consistent talent strategies and align to corporate priorities.
- Develop and lead the HR team members in talent management, talent acquisition & HR operations (5+ direct reports, 25+ total team size), to ensure high-performing, high-impact team is aligned to the strategic organizational and employee development strategies.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop and execute both long-term and short-term HR strategies that directly support and enable business objectives.
- Lead and support a contemporary organizational culture throughout rapid and exciting growth; leverage change acceleration techniques to assist in driving broad change and promote growth.
- Lead the development of programs to allow the company to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
- Develop human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and collaborate to develop specific programs for the filling of the gaps through internal talent development and/or external talent acquisition.
- Continually assess the efficiency, benefit and effectiveness of all programs and practices against the business needs and companies in relevant, comparable industries and markets.
- Act as an organizational coach, who builds organizational capabilities, reduces complexity and partners with clients to maximize team performance.
- Strategically partner with senior leaders to design and implement the most effective organizational structures and manage transitions.
- Provide timely, effective and direct coaching to the leadership and HR team, assisting in the development of strong, contemporary leadership skills.
- Lead talent assessment in the organization, identifying key employee strengths and growth areas in order to recognize and develop key talents needed for future growth
- Lead the organization through critical HR operating processes such as career development planning and performance management.
- Develop and drive strategies to attract, develop, engage and retain strong and diverse talent
- Work with leaders and employees to create a positive and engaging work environment.
- Ensure a smooth and flawless execution of the relevant HR strategy through the HR team keeping the information channel open and effective.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, HR, psychology, organizational behavior or related field and Master’s in business administration (MBA) preferred
- Minimum of twelve years of previous experience in a variety of Human Resource positions with increasing scope and responsibility, preferably in a start-up or high-growth company, preferably in healthcare, biotech or diagnostics industry
- Seven or more years of experience directly leading people with demonstrated ability to communicate clear expectations, motivate and inspire others and successfully achieve goals through a team
- Demonstrated strategic mindset and strong business acumen; strong analytical capabilities with experience presenting data and proposing recommendations effectively to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to use knowledge and judgment to make sound decisions
- Demonstrated ability to drive the HR strategic agenda using knowledge of the organization and its employees
- Demonstrated ability to work in a demanding, high performance work environment and team-oriented culture
- Excellent collaboration, influencing, project management, organizational and change management skills
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead in goal-driven organizations, with a specific track record of working effectively with all levels of management
- Strong internal and external customer mind-set
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time, up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to travel (by land and air), both domestically and internationally, on occasion
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Customer Care Specialist
Marco assists customers with Cologuard and guides patients through the process of using the product.
Back to top